Register Now
StaceyPowers

Preferred fighting styles?

When you play a video game, by default, what do you tend to end up picking as far as skills/fighting style/weapons?

For me, it depends largely on the mechanics. Generally speaking though, I openly admit to being a terrible aim, so I generally avoid ranged combat and opt for close-range shooting or melee fighting. I tend to avoid mage classes too because I find them annoyingly complex on first glance, and then end up regretting it later when I realize they look like fun.

The only exception on the ranged fighting thing is Fallout games. The VATS system makes sniping ridiculously efficient.

In ranged fighting I, for some weird reason, can’t hit shit with a gun. Doesn’t matter what kind of gun it is. Which is weird because in real life I’m a dead eye. I can light a match with a .22 from 60’. I know that for a fact because I’ve done it several times. And it’s documented.

However in game I’m a dead eye with a bow. I’m not a bad shot in real life with a bow, but I’m a hell of a lot better in game.

Edited by The Blackangel