Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is your worst lost progress story ever?

What was your worst-ever experience of losing progress in a game because of corruption, bugs, a lack of backup saves, etc?

For me, it was playing Return to Zork on PC back in the 90s. Somehow, I managed to lose an item irrevocably which was absolutely critical to progressing the plot, and only discovered this after weeks of play. I had no earlier save points, so I literally had to start over again from the beginning.

Modern games tend to avoid walking players inadvertently into traps like this thankfully, but I've still run into some catastrophic glitches. Thankfully, I learned my lesson about saves with RTZ =D

Any stories to share?

Mine is a bit lame, but whatever. It is what it is.

Playing Retail Tycoon on Roblox with my daughter last year we built this major department store. Raking in the millions, no skipping steps, no payments, no cheats.

We tried to load it one day, somehow it'd been deleted.

I kind of call conspiracy though - I think Roblox weren't happy we'd maxed everything out organically rather than buying their stupid short cuts.

I lost all progress for an hour's work due to Skyrim freezing. I found an dwarven battleaxe, levelled up, and discorved a new location on the map.  This has taught me to manual save every 5-10 minutes as the disk has been scratched in the console.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I've never accidentally lost any progress in a story mode for a game. However, there was a similar incident recently that happened with Red Dead Redemption 2. Basically, there was a bug where certain characters would go missing from your camp in Chapter 3 if you failed the first mission of that chapter and restarted at a checkpoint. It wasn't exactly game breaking because you wouldn't miss much except maybe a few random lines of speech. But there was no guarantee that you would see them again so I decided to start the game again so that I could avoid the bug.

It was back when I was a kid. Me and my friends all had Pokemon Gold and we used to poke battle each other all the time and I used to completely wreck my friends and one of them deleted my saved game one day because they hated the fact that none of them could beat me. I didn't talk to them for months and I thought the world had ended lol.

21 hours ago, Keranov said:

I was at around 30-40% of the Grand Theft Auto V singleplayer story mode and I wanted to find out how to replay missions. Accidentally, it turned out that I have deleted my save file..

0.0 DAMN!!! I would just laugh hysterically because that is all you can do for making such a serious error.