Register Now
DylanC

Layers Of Fear 2 announced!

5 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I've seen some gameplay of the first game, looks good so hopefully this will be the same.

It’s a really good horror title brimming with atmosphere and a decent story to boot. Worth a look in a sale, for sure. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Oh great! Another game I will have to play during the day lol. But seriously, I loved the first game so I will definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Aye, the first one was prettyunderrated imho. Would be nice to play on Switch perhaps.

1 hour ago, DylanC said:

Aye, the first one was prettyunderrated imho. Would be nice to play on Switch perhaps.

Underrated?!

I have an extremely opposite opinion. Perhaps it's because I follow a lot of horror-tubers. But this game was praised to heaven and back and then some. However, I still think that this game is going to be magnificent. The inlcusion of Gun Media is just adding frosting to the cake if you ask me.

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

I agree. It is quite under appreciated - I doubt Nintendo would add such a game to their platform though. They tend to prefer kid-friendly games like Super Smash Brothers and Mario Go-Kart.

7 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Underrated?!

I have an extremely opposite opinion. Perhaps it's because I follow a lot of horror-tubers. But this game was praised to heaven and back and then some. However, I still think that this game is going to be magnificent. The inlcusion of Gun Media is just adding frosting to the cake if you ask me.

A few outlets I respect (Game Informer and God Is A Geek) and gaming personalities (Jim Sterling and Angry Joe) didn't like Layers Of Fear that much. So I went into it with fairly low expectations and was surprised by how great it was. Narratively, it's pretty deep and nuanced. And some of the scares are creative and definitely got under my skin. For a horror game from a small indie team, I was really quite taken with it and I absolutely stand by it being a fairly overlooked, underrated horror game. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree. It is quite under appreciated - I doubt Nintendo would add such a game to their platform though. They tend to prefer kid-friendly games like Super Smash Brothers and Mario Go-Kart.

I think the first Layers of Fear is already on the Switch, so there's a good chance that the sequel will come over, too. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Since when did Nintendo hit puberty? lol. Anyways, that would be great if it did come out on the Nintendo Switch.

You are aware there are plenty of games that are literally on the switch and have better censor policies than Sony themselves right? Switch has been a good adult console for quite a while