Register Now
MegaphoneStallone

Apu Is Getting Written Out Of The Simpsons

Apu is set to be axed from The Simpsons following racial controversy

AFTER months of controversy surrounding the racial treatment of beloved The Simpsons character Apu, one of the show’s producers has revealed the acharacter will be axed.

“I’ve verified from multiple sources now: They’re going to drop the Apu character altogether,”

producer Adi Shankar has told IndiWire.

“They aren’t going to make a big deal out of it, or anything like that, but they’ll drop him altogether just to avoid the controversy,” Shankar said.

The popular show came under fire over its portrayal of convenience store Kwik-owner Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, who first appeared on the show in 1990.

The criticism of Apu’s character first surfaced in November 2017 with the release ofcomedian Hari Kondabolu’s documentary The Problem With Apu.

Source: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/apu-is-set-to-be-axed-from-the-simpsons-following-racial-controversy/news-story/3f59c0676c4af24aa99f588449fdd1c7

It's something I'm kind of shamed to say I hadn't really thought about, but the character Apu really is kind of ridiculous, over the top and insensitive.
Literally a stereotype. I see where the controversy has come from and I kind of applaud The Simpsons for writing him out and moving on.

That said, I'm not a fan of NuSimpsons anyway, so also don't really care what happens.

I couldn't believe this when I saw it! I always remember watching Simpsons when I was a kid and also playing the video games when I was younger and Apu was always the one character that stood out for me among the others. I always remember his line "Thank you, come again!" It's not going to be the same without Apu and I feel it's a shame that they let people get to them and gave them what they wanted. This really does just show how crazy the world has got that a big character in a TV show has to be axed because of what people think.