Register Now
StaceyPowers

Adults - do you game more or less than you did when you were a kid?

When I was growing up, I was huge into video games, but went through a time where I didn't have the time/money after graduating to play much. But now that I have a PS3, I game even more than I did when I was young. Just curious how the habits of adult gamers here have evolved over your lifetimes. Do you game more or less than you used to?

17 minutes ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

To be honest I'm just waiting for someone to come along and say 'OMG I PLAY HEAPS MORE THAN I DID AS A KID'

I mean, you'd have to be a professional gamer today, or grew up Amish. Amirite?

Yeah I said in my post I actually play more now than as a kid cause nobody is telling me to stop but myself. I try to justify it by writing reviews for the games I play though.

Edited by Alyxx

Probably less just because of time restraints with work and such.  Although,  on the other hand, I now have the money to buy the games and systems I want when I want them, which wasn't always the case as a kid.  So it creates a situation where I have more games and build a back log faster, but less time to play them. 

I can honestly say that I game a lot less now than what I did when I was a kid. Since having children of my own and other in real life commitments coming forward as well I find I have less time now to game than I ever did when I was younger. There are days I would love to sit and game and shut off for a while but so much comes forward that is needed to be done, by the time I have completed what I needed to do there was not enough time for me to game. I am lucky to get 3 - 4 hours in sometimes but it's nice when I manage to.

A WHOLE LOT MORE.

It might be attributed to the fact that I am playing as a gaming journalist. However, I have been playing video games way more than in my childhood. I have basically compensated for the years I couldn't actually play those games during my childhood at this point, lol.