Register Now
StaceyPowers

Share your rage-quit stories

I've actually never rage-quit during a gaming session. If anything, I tend to get all the more obsessive about beating something when it's driving me crazy (to the point where if I have to step away, I just keep trying to beat it in my head, even in my sleep). 

That being said, do you rage-quit? If so, what was your most frustrating/dramatic rage-quit ever?

Rage quit Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I was just getting so annoyed by how the main protagonist was acting. He kept doing shit like crawling to the floor, shitting himself when something happened. He would go insane. He would bite his nails. Like... all of that isn't scary. It just makes me feel like it's not ME being in the game, it makes me feel like I'm controlling someone else. It entirely ruined the immersion for me and as a result I just rage quit the entire thing.

Also hated the reliance on oils to get around without going insane. Just felt contrived and stupid.

When I was 7 years old I was playing the first super mario on my NES, I was already on world 7 (didn't knew anything about the shortcuts back then) , But I was already tired of playing and it took me a long time to get there, but I was upset that I couldn't save my progress, I threw a tantrum, broke the controller and cried myself to sleep.
I got grounded for a month because of that.

The Good old days.

Thinking back to all the gaming sessions I have had I can honestly say I have never actually rage quit at a game. I have walked away for a while and gone back after a few hours to try again because I usually feel more determined to beat that actual part of the game rather than completely rage quit at it. I have had times in games such as online multiplayer games were I have raged at the game but again, I usually feel more determined to want to do better at the game rather than fully rage quit the game.

Thinking back to all the video games I have played, I can honestly say that I have never raged-quit.  Once, when I kept being killed by my oppent in two games of Fortnite Battle Royal, I either tend to keep playing to advance my skills or watch YouTube tutorials on how to improve. Raging quit won't help young people, it won't make you any better at the video game. Figure out what's making you angry and how you can avoid the same mistake again when playing