Register Now
MegaphoneStallone

Father Dresses Son As Hitler For Halloween

'We love history': Kentucky father defends wearing Nazi SS officer's uniform and dressing his son as HITLER for Halloween

A father from Kentucky has been forced to apologize after he dressed his son up as Adolf Hitler while he wore the costume of a Nazi soldier for a family photo to celebrate Halloween. 

Brant Goldbach said he regrets dressing his five-year-old son as the dictator, while he was wearing a Waffen-SS uniform.

But he initially attempted to justify the idea saying his son loved dressing as 'historical figures'

Goldbach posted photos of the outfits during a local trick or treat event on Thursday and condemned those who approached and threatened him and his son during the party.

Read on: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6324457/Father-forced-apologize-dressing-son-Hitler-Halloween-photo.html

Oh, god. The mental gymnastics and the way he tries to rationalise his choice to dress his son as  one of the worst genocidal dictators history, by comparing it to people dressing as works of fiction.

Sorry dude, loving History is no excuse. Maybe dress as something less malignant next year.

Yuck. And his poor son, even watching an easily episode of South Park would have warned against this stupidity.

You know, I understand people have a love for History and that is understandable but what I am not understanding is why people don't see what is wrong with dressing up or dressing someone up as something as offensive as Hitler is wrong. Yes, I agree, Hitler was a part of History but he is a part of History that people would like to forget. Come on though.. to dress  your son up who probably is completely unaware of who he is dressed as or what that person did is definitely the lowest you can get.

Some people really do need to think and also put themselves into other people's shoes before making decisions like that. It really is disgusting!

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

At least he didn't teach his son the Nazi salute...Yes, he was pushing it by dressing his son as Hitler and should have been aware it would cause issues because of the atrocities Hitler has committed.

Anyone that dresses their son up as hitler is a racist 

On 12/31/2018 at 10:37 AM, Alyxx said:

To be fair, Hitler is a historical figure. He's not a fondly remembered one, but he is.

I mean, I have been to the United States around Halloween time and seen a couple dress their son as Stalin and nobody fussed about it and he was almost as bad as Hitler.

18 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I mean, I have been to the United States around Halloween time and seen a couple dress their son as Stalin and nobody fussed about it and he was almost as bad as Hitler.

lol
I wonder how people would react if your kid dressed up as Che Guevara.

5 hours ago, Alyxx said:

lol
I wonder how people would react if your kid dressed up as Che Guevara.

Probably call the cops and the cops would come and probably handcuff the kid lol...I might be joking but I don't put it past the US police. Their lack of judgment at times is truly concerning.

The cops pick and choose what is and isn't a crime. For example here where I live robbery, assault, and vandalism are legal. The US is a completely worthless country. Nothing works as it should here. If I had the money I would have left the country a long time ago, but I flat out can't afford it. So I'm stuck in a shithole country, that is now the joke of the world thanks to the current sitting president.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:08 PM, The Blackangel said:

The cops pick and choose what is and isn't a crime. For example here where I live robbery, assault, and vandalism are legal. The US is a completely worthless country. Nothing works as it should here. If I had the money I would have left the country a long time ago, but I flat out can't afford it. So I'm stuck in a shithole country, that is now the joke of the world thanks to the current sitting president.

Try living in Chicago where State's Attorney Kim Foxx basically lets violent criminals back out on the streets within hours.

Imagine being carjacked at gunpoint, and the perpetrator is free hours later. Too many damn liberals voting!

To be honest, the US was a highly racist nation in the past.  I mean, it was Hitler - but why not Woodrow Wilson?  OK, well, Wilson doesn't have the same pizzazz as Hitler - and isn't well known - and especially not as a racist.

Well, anyway some Nuremberg defendants used the racism of the US to point out the hypocrisy I think.