Register Now
MegaphoneStallone

Living Alone/With People

Living Alone/With People  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer living alone or with others?

• Living alone
    • With others
    • Other

I agree. I did the whole roommate thing and I couldn't go back unless it was absolutely necessary. The only roommate I'm willing to have now is my other half and our babies. I don't want anyone else invading my territory. Plus, I don't like to depend on anyone else for stuff like rent and being clean. It pisses me off when they're not.

I live with people and personally I feel that if I was to have to live on my own, I wouldn't like it. I like the company, the craziness to an extent. Without all that craziness it would just be boring and I don't feel like I could do that. I don't mind every so often being on my own for a few hours just to relax and unwind but I am always happy when I am surrounded with family again after that time out so to speak.

Well, I'm married to a truck driver, and I can actually vote both, but would choose alone, if solely for my personality. I've always been an introvert whereas my husband is a bit more energetic and outgoing, and it's sometimes nice to have a quite house to myself. It does get lonely a lot though.

Voted. I'm living alone, it gets quite lonely and there is also an element of lack of safety, occasionally. Looking at the positives, living alone provides you with complete privacy and freedoom. There are negatives and positives for whatever your choice is.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 12/17/2018 at 11:44 PM, mont86 said:

Love the freedom of living alone. And having myself to blame for messes and a dirty house.

Same here. I live in an apartment by myself and it feels good to have my freedom to wear as little clothes as I want in my home without people bothering me to put on clothes 😂

When I was schooling I lived alone. I had a terrible illness and there was no one to support me. I schooled in a different city from my parent’s, I had nobody. It was horrible. At once I got a roommate, one that we got along well. I didn’t regret it. 

On 3/12/2024 at 2:21 PM, Kennysplash said:

When I was schooling I lived alone. I had a terrible illness and there was no one to support me. I schooled in a different city from my parent’s, I had nobody. It was horrible. At once I got a roommate, one that we got along well. I didn’t regret it. 

That's one of the cons with living alone and that's why you have to find one or two good neighbors you can trust. Luckily, I have fantastic neighbors and we always look out for each other.

With others. While I usually prefer my own company, the thought of getting into a nasty situation that I can't get out of myself, and having nobody else to help me out of it, terrifies me. 

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Heavily prefer alone. I've had roommates in the past, and hated it. No privacy, no personal space, and having to listen to everyone watching TV or talking when you're trying to sleep.

So if given the option, I wouldn't hesitate to go it alone.

Same - I despise people waking me up for pretty trivial stuff. At one point, I used to have a female roommate and it was a headache because my girlfriend at the time thought something was going on between the both of us. One day, I got so irritated I just dumped my gf and took up my stuff and just left - stayed with my mother for about 2 months until I found a spot. I'd never do it again.