Register Now
DylanC

Least favourite video game genre?

3 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I'm the exact opposite of you then. I love simulators. I wouldn't play them exclusively or all the time but I really don't mind them. It's just extremely relaxing to sometimes take a break and just drive around or do something particular. 

For me, my least favourite video game genre would probably be fighters. By that, I mean games like Tekken. I just don't have an interest in those types of games and would get bored very quickly.

Simulation games have always been irky to me... Not in the "I don't like them" way but more so "I would play them if I literally had nothing else to do" way.

I definitely liked games like Rollercoaster Tycoon but I always wanted to simulate being on the ride itself, not to manage a theme park. I know that games like Planet Coaster do this, but I don't really go for those.

Just now, Alyxx said:

Of course, I'm just saying it's not a genre I like to play alone and I don't have anyone to play fighting games with like 99% of the time.

Why not play online then? Most games have P2P connections and (With the excepion of smash) they have pretty decent netcodes.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:17 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Sports are my least favourite genre. I just never consider them much as you can do exercise in real life which is healthier for you? I will never waste my time or money or sporting video games. 

Yeah I dont really like sports games as well , I'm already bad in sports in real life and I dont really like them.

On 12/19/2018 at 1:45 AM, DC said:

I find racing games pretty boring with the exception of the Forza Horizon series.

Is it the fact that you like the open world aspect or just don't the gameplay from other racing games. I don't mind racing games but I would never go back to them now that I have the Crew 2. If I had an Xbox, I wouldn't touch anything other than Forza Horizon as well. I just love open world driving games so for me the Crew 2 is exactly what I wanted. I honestly don't care about the races. I just want to customise cars and drive them around the map whilst listening to my Spotify playlist 😄

MOBAS are my least favorite genre. For some reason, they grind my gears - I despise most of them and I can't really tell you why. I don't know if it's the hybrid 2d-3d camera position or that most of them look and play alike or the cartoony graphics most of them have.