Register Now
DylanC

Least favourite video game genre?

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of realistic racing games. I like arcade racers like Super Mario Kart but can't get into games like Forza (I liked Gran Turismo on the PS2 but that's about my only positive experience with the genre). What genre are you NOT a big fan of these days?

1 hour ago, Alyxx said:

Realistic simulation type shooters and racers. And simulators in general.

Yeah, I'm a little like you I think. Sometimes realistic games tend to lose sense of what's, you know, fun. That's maybe why I prefer arcade racers over racing sims. But each to their own. I'm glad people out there like racing sims, they're just not for me.

Just now, DylanC said:

Yeah, I'm a little like you I think. Sometimes realistic games tend to lose sense of what's, you know, fun. That's maybe why I prefer arcade racers over racing sims. But each to their own. I'm glad people out there like racing sims, they're just not for me.

Yeah same here. I think simulators are more for nerds who enjoy diving into the nitty gritty of everything. I just want simple fun.

4 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Sports are my least favourite genre. I just never consider them much as you can do exercise in real life which is healthier for you? I will never waste my time or money or sporting video games. 

So Rocket League doesn't exist and cars can fly.

Anyways, my least favorite genre definitely has to be JRPGs. Their stories are mostly copy-paste to the point of being tropes, they are grindy to an extreme, they don't offer much in terms of worthwhile character interactions and worst of all, the twists can be seen from a mile away. Action RPGs have somewhat negated this by putting more emphasis on skill in battles though, so I guess I can forgive them

On 10/29/2018 at 2:55 PM, Alyxx said:

Realistic simulation type shooters and racers. And simulators in general.

I'm the exact opposite of you then. I love simulators. I wouldn't play them exclusively or all the time but I really don't mind them. It's just extremely relaxing to sometimes take a break and just drive around or do something particular. 

For me, my least favourite video game genre would probably be fighters. By that, I mean games like Tekken. I just don't have an interest in those types of games and would get bored very quickly.