Register Now
The Overseer

The OLDEST video games you remember playing on a PC?

ZZT and MDK. ZZT was a game I had on my first computer which was a 286. MDK was one of the earliest Windows 95 games. It was a blast to play, and for the era had amazing graphics. I loaned it to a guy and never saw it again. Age Of Empires was another one. Deer Hunter and Deer Avenger. Diablo is a classic no matter what platform you play it on.

These days the only PC games I play anymore are AOE2 and Diablo 2. That's because they're the only ones I have that are even worth playing in my opinion. And due to the fact that I absolutely despise online gaming, you won't see me on WOW anytime soon. I hated that game.

Duke Nukem, Samurai Showdown, Street Rage and King of Fighters (MAME 32) and that super cool game named Darkstone if I remember correctly. Now that I remembered it, let me find its awesome soundtrack 😮 THE MEMORIEEES! It took me a few days to find out that I can give the girl money to sing. Here it is:

Just now, The Blackangel said:

Darkstone was sweet as hell, but I could never get the whole game to run. I could play to about 10 minutes in and the game would quit working. I bought several copies and tried it on more than one computer and had the same problem.

Correction, I'm thinking of Dark Earth.