Register Now
The Overseer

The OLDEST video games you remember playing on a PC?

On 11/13/2018 at 8:12 PM, The Blackangel said:

Darkstone was sweet as hell, but I could never get the whole game to run. I could play to about 10 minutes in and the game would quit working. I bought several copies and tried it on more than one computer and had the same problem.

I remember that happening as well. I never finished it due to that issue. Maybe we should find it and play it again 😄

On 11/14/2018 at 7:11 AM, DylanC said:

Also, Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Transport Tycoon, Theme Hospital and Theme Park. All classics, man.

I never played Theme Hospital or Theme Park or any management sims as a kid, weirdly.

Oh god, now I remember how many hours I spent playing 3D Pinball Space Cadet in Windows 95.

Defo Theme Hospital for me. That game was THE GAME for me in my childhood. Many hours spent messing around inputting cheat codes only to get the narrator going "Warning, Hospital Administrator is cheating.." - always managed to crack me up. Even the names of the ailments were silly and just was a perfect game for immature little me! 

Pacman has to be my earliest gaming memory. It's highly portable and you can find this game nearly anywhere you go now, in arcades, in your pocket(Phone) on in your local internet cafe. It's free, addicative and repetivite. Concept is as follows: Trapped in a endless series of mazes with plenty to eat but no time to stop and enjoy the surroundings of the Art Work and Graphics.

I can't remember the name of the very first game I ever played on a computer, but I remember what it was about. It was an adventure game that you had to use command prompt to open from a floppy disk, where you would go around exploring a world and solving various quests of different people you would come across. I spent hours playing it.

It's not actually the oldest games but I haven't actually played that many big games on PC. The "oldest" game for me would be Grand Theft Auto Vice City which I actually played on my cousin's computer. This was such a long time ago as well. It was the first time I had played Vice City and it was great fun. I didn't even bother with the missions really, all I did was drive around in the cars because that was so much fun for me when I was younger.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, kingpotato said:

For me it was the first Counter Strike

On 12/8/2018 at 6:47 PM, Joshua Farrell said:

That is a fun game to play. I remember I spent a half a year playing that game against other people.

That was my go to game as well although I remember playing the original doom and age of the empires.