Register Now
The Overseer

Quick! The first thing that comes to mind when someone asks, What's your favorite video game?

First video game that came to mind without thinking was Fortnite. I get pleasure out of spending a couple of hours of my relaxation spare time shooting people. I love the concept and over above that, it's a free Battle Royale Game! What more could you ask for? 

Grand Theft Auto 4. Whilst GTA 5 was good, I just loved the story and the multiplayer experience with GTA 4. Unfortunately for me, GTA 5 had a good story but the online experience was ruined by the later additions and them trying to force microtransactions into the game. The online just isn't enjoyable anymore for games that don't want to spend any money.

3 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

Grand Theft Auto 4. Whilst GTA 5 was good, I just loved the story and the multiplayer experience with GTA 4. Unfortunately for me, GTA 5 had a good story but the online experience was ruined by the later additions and them trying to force microtransactions into the game. The online just isn't enjoyable anymore for games that don't want to spend any money.

I agree completely. Micro-transactions have ruined the online gaming community and I am glad that countries are trying to place regulations on the micro-transaction system. I normally don't support any type of governmental interference in gaming issues but this is much appreciated.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:28 PM, killamch89 said:

I agree completely. Micro-transactions have ruined the online gaming community and I am glad that countries are trying to place regulations on the micro-transaction system. I normally don't support any type of governmental interference in gaming issues but this is much appreciated.

Hopefully, although it's probably just a lot of noise from the various governments. I seriously doubt much action will be taken around the world. I'm not 100% sure if it Belgium but I know only one country has so far done some things to try and stop the microtransactions in games. Unfortunately for us, these developers won't take this lightly and will just come up with other ways to make money or spend less time developing the games.

2 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

Hopefully, although it's probably just a lot of noise from the various governments. I seriously doubt much action will be taken around the world. I'm not 100% sure if it Belgium but I know only one country has so far done some things to try and stop the microtransactions in games. Unfortunately for us, these developers won't take this lightly and will just come up with other ways to make money or spend less time developing the games.

Hawali also came up with legislation for loot boxes and few other states are drafting up legislation for them as well. I do believe other countries are doing their own investigations and if their research proves micro-transaction items like loot boxes are a form of gambling, I do think the Government will come down pretty hard on them.