Register Now
StaceyPowers

Light or heavy armor?

Do you prefer to wear light or heavy armor in video games?

I like light armor. I tend to think the best defense is a good offense. I also don’t like running/moving more slowly because of bulky armor. Plus, I have a hard enough time keeping my inventory weight under control.

Let's take Skyrim as an example. My preference is light. The heavier the armor total in-game, the harder it is for you to sneak and not get spotted by your opponent. I don't enjoy running more slowly because of heavier armour as in some situations you need to run to avoid death. I have to agree with the original poster, light armour is the way to go. There are more advantages for it over heavier protective clothing.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I tend to be a heavy armor person.  My favorite build in Skyrim is a heavy armor two handed weapon build.  I like to build HP/Stamina tanks that just go in and crush everything, no sneaking, no fuss, just walk in and wreck.  With that build in Skyrim (once at a certain level of course) I can walk right up to Dragon Priests and crush them in 2-3 hits.  That's not to say I haven't built some light armor stealth characters that are fun as well, my stealth archer is definitely another go to. 

Edited by Joant73

I've generally disliked heavy armor, because it makes it easier for enemies to do group ups on myself. Though if I had appropriate weaponry for it, then I can get past the tanky feeling of heavy armor. In games of speed, I love light armor, as it allows me to appear and disappear quickly to confuse my opponents.