Register Now
StaceyPowers

One-handed or two-handed weapons?

Do you prefer one-handed or two-handed weapons in video games?

I know people who like two-handed weapons, but I usually can’t wrap my mind around it. I really like having a free hand to use another weapon or cast a spell. Plus, big two-handed weapons are so … slow. It is hard to time my hits. By the time I've swung the blade, the target has moved.

Edited by StaceyPowers

In most games I would say I prefer one-handed, I like to keep my player mobile and have speed in my attacks.  In Skyrim however, heavy armor two handed weapon is my favorite build, once you are high level you are just a tank that crushes most enemies in one or two hits, you can just march in anywhere and lay waste to all those who stand opposed. 

Edited by Joant73

Both have their benefits, don't get me wrong. However, it's one-handed weapon all the way for me. First of all, a one-handed sword or gun allows the use of something else such as Shield in the other hand. Defence is just as imporant as Attacking your opponent so that's why I'm choosing One-Handed.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

One-handed weapons always. Except when I get to use the dual wield pistols on Fortnite but unfortunately those were removed from the game in a recent patch. I just think it's much better to use a one-handed weapon where you can use the left trigger to aim more accurately and then shoot. With a two-handed weapon, games usually have it so that the left trigger fires the left gun and the other trigger fires the other one which means you usually lack a bit of accuracy. 

On 10/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Two handed is too slow, but the finishing blow is usually worth the blood splatter, more so than any one-handed. I like to alternate. 

Same here - it looks much cooler fighting with 2 swords but it's not beneficial in a fight.