Register Now
The Overseer

Your thoughts on RDR2?

I remember picking up Red Dead Redemption when that first came out and as much as I tried playing it I could never get into it. Due to me not being able to get into  the first one I guess that is why I have somewhat been put off jumping on the second one if I am honest and haven't bothered yet. So many people are saying how they are loving the second one compared to the first one but at the same time, many people loved the first one when I didn't so I am torn as to whether or not to pick it up yet or not. Don't get me wrong, the game looks amazing but I am still on  the fence about purchasing it just yet.

I don't even have words to describe it. A masterpiece. It's just so damn good. I honestly love this game. I never actually played the first Red Dead Redemption so I didn't know what to expect. But I love Rockstar because of what they have done with the Grand Theft Auto series so it wasn't hard for me to choose to pre-order the game. And I'm glad I did. It was a beautiful game, both the story and the actual graphics as well. Hopefully, the next 8 years go quickly so that we can play the next RDR as well 😄

On 12/21/2018 at 6:04 PM, DarthHazard said:

I don't even have words to describe it. A masterpiece. It's just so damn good. I honestly love this game. I never actually played the first Red Dead Redemption so I didn't know what to expect. But I love Rockstar because of what they have done with the Grand Theft Auto series so it wasn't hard for me to choose to pre-order the game. And I'm glad I did. It was a beautiful game, both the story and the actual graphics as well. Hopefully, the next 8 years go quickly so that we can play the next RDR as well 😄

Or the next Grand Theft Auto...or L.A. Noire. Rockstar only makes hits...EA could learn something from them.

It's one of the greatest games ever made. It has a little bit of everything you could want. It has a powerful storyline that really immerses you into the game that includes just about every aspect of life you could think of. Not including modern technology, of course. Before you realize it you will have been playing for hours and hours. It is so drawing that I can't seem to get away from it. I actually talk about it too much here, which is seeming to get on peoples nerves. Which I totally understand. But, I just can't say enough about RDR2.

19 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It is a beautiful game, but..... I have two problems. One is the bounty hunters won't let me play the game and two, the controls are weird. But if you can scratch those two, then it is a well rounded game. 

If you want to get rid of the bounty hunters, head to a post office or train station and pay off your bounty. Once it's paid they leave you the hell alone. The train station at Emerald Ranch is always a good choice, because they don't really show up there much. Also, catch yourself one of the Arabians. Those are the fastest horses, and they have the highest stamina. Rocks have a higher IQ than the horses, and the damn things WILL trip over grass (trust me) but they are the best for running from someone/something. There are 3 wild Arabians, but the white Arabian is considered by most to be the best one. Personally I like the red chestnut, and the warped brindle. If you have gotten to chapter 4, you can also buy one in St. Denis. It runs about $1000, but if your honor is high, the price is discounted.

28 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It's one of the greatest games ever made. It has a little bit of everything you could want. It has a powerful storyline that really immerses you into the game that includes just about every aspect of life you could think of. Not including modern technology, of course. Before you realize it you will have been playing for hours and hours. It is so drawing that I can't seem to get away from it. I actually talk about it too much here, which is seeming to get on peoples nerves. Which I totally understand. But, I just can't say enough about RDR2.

If you want to get rid of the bounty hunters, head to a post office or train station and pay off your bounty. Once it's paid they leave you the hell alone. The train station at Emerald Ranch is always a good choice, because they don't really show up there much. Also, catch yourself one of the Arabians. Those are the fastest horses, and they have the highest stamina. Rocks have a higher IQ than the horses, and the damn things WILL trip over grass (trust me) but they are the best for running from someone/something. There are 3 wild Arabians, but the white Arabian is considered by most to be the best one. Personally I like the red chestnut, and the warped brindle. If you have gotten to chapter 4, you can also buy one in St. Denis. It runs about $1000, but if your honor is high, the price is discounted.

My bounty is like $300 and I only got about $290. I guess after all that work, I gotta start over. I was saving for a horse. Where do you find the Arabians?

I never played the game since it's too much for my wallet and also the other people that brought the game only played it for three years since the released and have not gone back since then. The game is good what I hear and the story goes well if you take your time 🙂 

What makes the game more busy then before is mods, being a cop 

13 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Can I just turn myself into jail to pay off bounties? I'm reading I could. Cause I have multiple bounties in different counties. I can't even play the game. 

Yes you can turn yourself in. For example if you have a bounty in the state of New Hanover you can go to Valentine, and do something like get a small charge like disturbing the peace or unarmed assault to get the cops attention. Then let the cops arrest you. Or you can surrender to the bounty hunters. If you go for any of the gold bars, they're worth $500 each so you can sell them to a fence and make quite a bit. I have 7 in my satchel currently. But I also have more than $4000 so I don't need to sell them. And always loot the bodies of people you kill, such as Lemoyne Raiders, O'Driscolls, Murfree Brood, and other gang members. When you come across any road bandits loot them too. If your honor rating doesn't mean anything to you, then loot EVERY dead body. You will often get things like gold/platinum/silver rings and watches. You can then take them to a fence and sell them. You will also get plain old cash (rarely more than $1-$3) and different kinds of tonics and medicines for you and your horse. You also get a lot of whiskey, gin, rum, and moonshine as well. Also ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS remember to loot enemy camps. You will find even more supplies there as well. But after you have looted the camp, the same gang will eventually reuse it. But there won't be much, if anything at all, for you to loot from the camp. Maybe a bit of bread and salted meat. But that would be it.

But the number one thing you need to do, is get the Legend Of The East satchel. It increases your carrying capacity all the way up to 99 of EVERYTHING.