Register Now
StaceyPowers

Have you ever worked on a video game?

I once got to help build an area for a text-based game (like those discussed in thisthread). It was on a volunteer basis, but it was fun and interesting, and I loved that I got to make a permanent contribution to something that I cared a lot about.

Has anyone here ever worked on a game of any type, paid or otherwise?

Yes, I did. It was a 3D space RTS built with a free engine. I released it in 2008 after working on it for 5 years with a friend. I did the graphics, the campaign, the sounds and he did the programming. The publisher (Strategy First) screwed us over by not doing anything for it after signing the contract. The end. 

Yes, I did. It was an 2D flash game and I useed Scratch to make it back in the days of education. I did the graphics, the sound and the progamming all independently. The concept was a car racing where you had to drive round the track and it measured how fast you were and your best time. 

The first online game that I came across and loved was Club Penguin as a kid. Ever since I came across that, I've always tried to make some games myself but back then I wasn't knowledgeable about those types of things so my ideas never got anywhere. I remember drawing up sketches of areas and characters for my game, although most of them were "based" on Club Penguin characters and areas lol 😂

I have never worked on a video game but I would absolutely love to! I have a  younger brother who went to college and university and through those years he worked on a video game that him and his friends came up with which was a pretty cool concept and I loved it. It never went any further though after they left University which was a shame. Being able to work on my own game would be a blast though, so many ideas just a case of making them work!

Although I have never worked on a video game, I am pretty sure that I'd think up some pretty wild features and I'd probably want them all packed into that game which I probably don't have the tools to create such a masterpiece. My imagination would probably ruin it...lol