Register Now
StaceyPowers

Have you ever worked on a video game?

I'm a part of a team the makes the occasional ROM-hack, but mostly originals. If I had a job title, it would be "thinker". I think up scenarios or stories that I think would make decent to good games, and give them to the guys that write the software. If they like it they work on it. If it's just a quick thought or they think it could be the next major franchise they have me work on storyline even more. Sometimes that damn near turns into a novel, other times it's a bad case of writers block. It's not a paid job unless we start having a paying demand for games. But at the moment it's just something we do for fun. I got the job by word of mouth from people talking about my writing abilities. So I have fun with it. I get to see my name in the credits under "Story By" so that's always really cool. I don't remember exactly who it was, but someone got the cheapest Switch cartridge he could find to erase it so he could put one of our games on it. I don't think he's been successful yet. But that's the ambition of the team. When they want something new they call me, let me know the type of game they're wanting, and I get to thinking shit up. Whether it's a children's game or an adult game, I write up what I can, and away we go.