Register Now
StaceyPowers

Enemies You Can’t Bring Yourself to Kill?

On a related note to Cute but nasty monsters from video games , are there any enemies in video games you just can't bring yourself to kill at all, whether owing to their cuteness or some other unrelated factor?

For me, it's the Forsworn in Skyrim. I sided with them in the Cidna Mine quest, and I really was hoping the Reach would be theirs again. So it really irritates me that the game continues to have almost all of them be hostile despite that decision. Since I want them to take back the Reach, all I can bring myself to do when attacked is to flee at top speed so I won't be forced to kill them.

1 hour ago, Aimee Hart said:

It's not that I can't kill, it's just I feel so bad about doing it... Any animals in AC Odyssey I end up taming or knocking them out, solely because I can't bring myself to hurt them. It's ridiculous folks, THEY ARE MADE OF PIXELS. THEY AINT REAL.

Haha. That happened me to a game where I had to choose the history myself (either I had to kill a pet, or kill a friend I think it was). None of those options were fine for me 😞

On 11/9/2018 at 10:16 PM, Katri Marcell said:

Every pet boss in the Dark Souls franchise. Especially the Great Wolf Sif. Such a magnificent creature 😮

696181196ceba18203d88c30d2aaf655d7f5b94b

I've got a t-shirt with this bad boy on it. Such a cool boss. Always makes me sad when I have to take him down - especially knowing that he's actually a good guy in the world of Dark Souls.

2 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I've got a t-shirt with this bad boy on it. Such a cool boss. Always makes me sad when I have to take him down - especially knowing that he's actually a good guy in the world of Dark Souls.

He's a magnificent creature! I don't really get the reason we have to kill him and it always bugs me when I get there!

1 minute ago, Katri Marcell said:

He's a magnificent creature! I don't really get the reason we have to kill him and it always bugs me when I get there!

Aye, the story within Dark Souls is baffling to say the least. I really wish there was a way to spare him at the end of the boss fight. Interestingly, Sif's best friend is Artorias of the Abyss and Sif is there just trying to protect his mate's gravestone. He's just a good dog doing his duty. 😥

1 minute ago, DylanC said:

Aye, the story within Dark Souls is baffling to say the least. I really wish there was a way to spare him at the end of the boss fight. Interestingly, Sif's best friend is Artorias of the Abyss and Sif is there just trying to protect his mate's gravestone. He's just a good dog doing his duty. 😥

True 😢 Interestingly I was watching what I missed from Vaati the past few weeks and I stumbled across this and I teared my heart apart!