Register Now
Keranov

Mobile in-app purchases?

I have never purchased in-app purchases. Why? It's a massive scam especially when you purchased the App with your hard earned cash. Company's will charge you for addons, extras and even to finish the game! IAP and Add pop ups ruin the game are unnecessary to the customer.

I have before. I finally found a app that doesn't charge much for a simple cash upgrade, and doesn't encourage massive in-game purchases. $2.99 once a month to crack open saved ingame money is all I need to do with the game app I found. Simple game really. The game is Egg Inc. Fun to play, can play whenever I want, and don't have to be obligated to play all the time, unless I want to get to the best egg earner ingame.

I have before and both times were with Supercell games. The first time was with Clash of Clans where I bought some gems with a Google Play gift card that I got as a present for Christmas. And the second time was with Clash Royale, again with a Google Play gift card. But since those times, I have never ever spent money on any mobile in-app purchases or microtransactions in any games really. I just don't like the idea of spending extra money for some virtual items anymore really.

Providing a further update to this topic, recently made a purchase of £1.99 to Smash Hit for the premium version so I can resume where I died from without having to start all over again. Definitely worth the purchase in return for the entertainment and enjoyment. Provides less frustration and boredom not having to start from Checkpoint one, again. 

I think some games like say Realm Defense have regular events for new heroes and the abilities. So it can earn them some good money. And they continue to have tournaments. So they do earn some money. So mobile in app purchases are not bad as long as gaming companies are surviving with that earning. Most of the gaming companies fail due to the lack of revenue.