Register Now
The Overseer

So, is RDR2 really that good or overrated?

I haven't played it yet, but people on Reddit keep posting about it. I'd assume is as good as Spider-Man? How's the immersion for you? Right now caught up in the Fallout 76 Beta, but after getting bored with that, will definitely buy RDR2. What do you think, is it worth the money?

Honestly, there are many reasons why people, including myself, love this game. It is not just the limitless possibilities and things you could do in the world; it is also the immersive story. I mean, let's not start talking about the graphics and music because I will most likely never stop talking. Also, a considerable part of this game is the incredibly realistic physics and character behaviours. I mean, it does remind me of GTA V--Western style, but it isn't. You see, your gun is not always the solution it may end up getting you in a more difficult situation. That is something I have never seen before in a video game, personally. Also, another thing I noticed is the fact that people will interact with you according to how you look/smell & behave! I have also seen this kind of mechanic in Kingdom Come Deliverance which is very cool if you ask me! Back to realism; I am sure you may have heard or seen people getting kicked by a horse, or some other crazy stuff happenin' all over the world. Well, it also has a dynamic weather system, which affects the world and it is not just decorative. 

It really is. I wasn't extremely excited about the game when I pre-ordered it. I knew it was a Rockstar game and the gameplay looked good in the videos so I got it. I wasn't sure what to expect since I never played the first Red Dead Redemption game. But I fell in love with it the moment I played it. And after finishing it, it's up there with the best games that I have ever played really. The story and the gameplay were great. I would never say that it was overrated.

9 hours ago, Babyface dewees said:

Can anybody help me I’m on the last mission of RDR I want to know if I Beattie game can I go back to a previous save I have from one of aurther last missions and finish all my challenges

I'm not completely sure yet because I haven't quite beat the game yet either. I mean I could do it but I am having too much fun feeding the townsfolk to crocodiles. 🤣

On 1/5/2019 at 6:10 AM, Babyface dewees said:

Can anybody help me I’m on the last mission of RDR I want to know if I Beattie game can I go back to a previous save I have from one of aurther last missions and finish all my challenges

If you have a game save then you can always load it through the menu and play from that point in the game save. I made sure to make a game save at every major point/chapter so that I can go back and play for achievements and to ensure I can complete all the challenges. It's worked for me and it should for you 😉

On 1/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, DarthHazard said:

If you have a game save then you can always load it through the menu and play from that point in the game save. I made sure to make a game save at every major point/chapter so that I can go back and play for achievements and to ensure I can complete all the challenges. It's worked for me and it should for you 😉

Same as me. I have multiple saves at multiple points in the game just in case I need to revisit that point in the game if I missed something.

1 minute ago, AnaSuper91 said:

I understand it's rockstar but should I spend 60 dollars on it?

Again, it's a Rockstar game.

Just look at the people above both of us, they have sung their praises and some even were very skeptical. The online mode sucks, but really, this is a single player experience like none other.

15 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Again, it's a Rockstar game.

Just look at the people above both of us, they have sung their praises and some even were very skeptical. The online mode sucks, but really, this is a single player experience like none other.

As bad as GTA V online is right now, it is still 1000 times better than the online experience of any games that EA, Activision or Bethesda can come up with.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:40 AM, AnaSuper91 said:

I understand it's rockstar but should I spend 60 dollars on it?

I'm not sure about the US but you can probably get it for a bit cheaper now. But again, it's a Rockstar game. That in itself is worth paying that much for the game because you just know that the single player experience is worth it. The online experience at the moment isn't the best but that was the same with Grand Theft Auto Online when it first came out. This game will be great for a number of years. Think of it has a 60 dollar investment over a couple of years.

10 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I'm not sure about the US but you can probably get it for a bit cheaper now. But again, it's a Rockstar game. That in itself is worth paying that much for the game because you just know that the single player experience is worth it. The online experience at the moment isn't the best but that was the same with Grand Theft Auto Online when it first came out. This game will be great for a number of years. Think of it has a 60 dollar investment over a couple of years.

Yes, it is a great investment because Rockstar always delivers.