Register Now
The Overseer

Do you know how to build/customize a PC?

No way, I am not into tearing apart and building computers - not like I'm into web development stuff.  Well, anyway, I still cannot program a forum - just install and modify software.  Anyhow, I don't think I'd want to get into making computers - cause it's not my thing and/or interest (I just like shopping for ready-made computers and maybe occasionally modifying the memory/graphics.).

Anyway, there is a HUGE demand for such people, and it's tempting from an economic POV (being a PC repairman), but it's not my thing - just like being a surgeon isn't, lol.

Edited by Jayson

It's funny because I'm pretty good with computers and technology. But I have no idea about any of the parts that actually help make a computer work. So I could never build or customise a PC for gaming because I would actually have no idea what I would be doing lol 😄 . It would be nice to learn though because I do want to eventually get into PC gaming because there are some great games that aren't available for console yet that I want to try out.

1 hour ago, DarthHazard said:

It's funny because I'm pretty good with computers and technology. But I have no idea about any of the parts that actually help make a computer work. So I could never build or customise a PC for gaming because I would actually have no idea what I would be doing lol 😄 . It would be nice to learn though because I do want to eventually get into PC gaming because there are some great games that aren't available for console yet that I want to try out.

There are detailed and credible Youtube tutorials about building your own PC that complete novices like yourself can easily understand and believe me, it isn't as difficult as you are making it out to be. However, it does require patience and complete concentration because it can all go completely because you missed out one little detail so keep that in mind.

I know how to assemble some specs and also know how to dissemble them. It can be pretty tough if you ask me. So far from my experience I have realized that there are many guides on YouTube that can show you how to connect RAM, screen, and other parts. So it gets easier if you know how to use those specs properly. More you do it the easier it gets later in the life. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

I know how to assemble some specs and also know how to dissemble them. It can be pretty tough if you ask me. So far from my experience I have realized that there are many guides on YouTube that can show you how to connect RAM, screen, and other parts. So it gets easier if you know how to use those specs properly. More you do it the easier it gets later in the life. 

You forgot the sense of accomplishment when you completed it the first time or the bragging rights you have over your friends when you told them that you built it from scratch.😂

15 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I'm aware of the proceedings of how to build a computer, yes. I also am experienced at making different PC builds and improving on others, including my own.

I am going for an all AMD build this summer - I just want Navi and the next generation of Zen processors to drop so that I can get started!

I think having the PC configs properly assembled also matters. I don't want to lose the components so that's why I often don't connect processor and motherboard. I get it connected from someone who knows. But that being said, I think rest of the stuff is pretty easy or if not easy, can be learned to assemble. I'd say on that note it's all part of the effort you can take to customize. 

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, killamch89 said:

Unlike you, I grew up in a somewhat computer-illiterate home lol. My parents treated our computer like some kind of Alien technology that we happened to accidentally discover and everything on it was written in an alien language that nobody but I understood.

Have your parents learned to use computers ? Me just pretty much the basics.