Register Now
The Overseer

An old game you enjoyed and you'd like remade?

I would love to see a remake of Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, but only if it were done right. Considering the fact that the game wasn't extremely commercially successful in the first place, though, it probably won't happen. Despite all of the bugs, it had the most elegant and in-depth story I've ever seen in a game.

My first thought is Car Battler Joe, but it wasn't really that well known even when it was a new game to play, from what I'm aware. It's sad, because it was a really good game... And me saying that about a game about racing and battling is pretty rare.

Manhunt (2003), is unfortunately one underrated game that's forgotten by Rockstar, maybe , this world could be a batter place if Rockstar decides to take fans needs in consideration (and if there were no toxic kids and cheaters in games too)

Trespasser. I liked the idea of a fully physics based environment. But I don't think technology was good enough to implement it in 1998. If it was made now it could be mutch better, they could even make a VR version. Now that I think of it it was basically like HL:Alyx the way you interacted with the environment in it.

Final Fantasy VI is one of my favourite games but I don't know if a remake would be viable. Part of what makes Final Fantasy VI work so well is that it knows the limitations of being a sprite-based RPG and it acts very self-aware and silly. Often times Final Fantasy VI doesn't take itself seriously at all (see, Opera House, Phantom Train battle, fighting boss fights plummeting from the sky) and those moments would just be strange in 3D I think.

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think resident evil new series need to be made not just spending money into the remake. 

Resident Evil 8 will soon be out so you don't have to worry about that.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Final Fantasy VI is one of my favourite games but I don't know if a remake would be viable. Part of what makes Final Fantasy VI work so well is that it knows the limitations of being a sprite-based RPG and it acts very self-aware and silly. Often times Final Fantasy VI doesn't take itself seriously at all (see, Opera House, Phantom Train battle, fighting boss fights plummeting from the sky) and those moments would just be strange in 3D I think.

Who knows? You can't really knock something until you try it. Based on what they did with the FF7 remake, I'd love to see other games implement that system as it's really amazing. It does feel like a whole new game to be honest.