Register Now
The Overseer

If I don't have a 4K display, is the Xbox One X worth it?

I don't own one but figured I should let you know what I know. Games do run better even if you don't have a 4K screen but the difference isn't a huge upgrade. If you don't consider getting a 4K screen at some point i'd advice you saving your money and get an Xbox One S, which is still an excellent console. If you're a multiplayer enthusiast and want spotless FPS and and such then go for the X, it will step up your game a lot.

On 11/8/2018 at 2:38 AM, MegaphoneStallone said:

Isn't the jury out on whether the human eye can even perceive the difference that 4K allegedly offers?

Did anyone ever found a solid answer on that? 😄 I really can't see a difference in 1080p to 4k screens other than the fact that everything looks smoother

Yes, defintely, it does make a difference whether you have a 4k display! All of the specifications are improved compared to the Xbox and S. If your going to spend 500 dollars on a console, why not buy a 4K TV? A normal TV won't be compatible. You can buy one nowadays cheap price. 4K is also known "UHD" which means ultra-high definition. Here are the specs for research purposes in the image below. 

Untitled.thumb.png.12d590c3eec15ad9927390b625748ad9.png

2 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Yes, defintely, it does make a difference whether you have a 4k display! All of the specifications are improved compared to the Xbox and S. If your going to spend 500 dollars on a console, why not buy a 4K TV? A normal TV won't be compatible. You can buy one nowadays cheap price. 4K is also known "UHD" which means ultra-high definition. Here are the specs for research purposes in the image below. 

Untitled.thumb.png.12d590c3eec15ad9927390b625748ad9.png

Nice find, I would still choose S. However, they're launching a new one so that could be interesting.