Register Now
The Overseer

What game got you excited but disappointed you a great deal when released?

I have tons of games, but I'll name the big ones. Persona 5 Royal, because the new content, the FNAF series when they have DLC that are good deals yet before it was hard for me to get at the time, and Smash Bros Ultimate. Ultimate is hard to argue about, but I have friends that had trouble getting the fighters pass while the price decreased to a great deal plus costumes for Mii Characters.

The first one that comes straight to mind is The Last Guardian on PS4. It was just awful! So much hype and just .... nothing lol.

I have to disagree with Wind Waker on this list. I think if you played it now, you would enjoy it. I remember there being a lot of hate towards Nintendo at that time because they decided to switch it to cel-shaded graphics and not many people give it a chance. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

Why Sonic disappointed you? It is kind of in same genre as the Mario and Metroid. 

THAT game disappointed me because of the type of game it was and it's control scheme. They were terrible.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:08 PM, Dead2009 said:

THAT game disappointed me because of the type of game it was and it's control scheme. They were terrible.

But to be honest that is kind of expected from those type of the arcade games. Same old stuff and control and nothing new. 

The game that disappointed me was the Harry Potter series. The books are super amazing, the movies are amazing and I expected the game to be another amazing piece of creativity. Unfortunately, it looked dry and without much graphics and there was no extra challenges and instead stuck to the book narrative. 

As we move from part 1 to part 7, the graphics became better but the content remained. For a series like Harry Potter, I expected more gaming presence but it wasnt upto the mark.  

Such a pity. 

For the most part I liked the movies, but other than that I never had any real interest in anything Harry Potter. harry and Ron's cluelessness was, to put it mildly, annoying. And Hermione's know-it-all attitude was Karen-in-training. Dumbledore, while powerful, was a dumbass too. The movies are ok for background noise, but not much else in my opinion.

Edited by The Blackangel

But to be honest, I personally loved the creatures in the harry potter. now that got me thinking they made new movie "fantastic beasts" on that line of fantasy but it kind of spams it with harry pottery prequel rather than focusing on fantastic beasts. 

I'm a bit obsessed with Johnny Depp, so when it hit shelves it was quickly in my collection. I literally have almost everything he has ever been in. And if I come across a cover of a movie that I haven't got I buy it. I have around 10 Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, 8 or 9 Alice In Wonderland, 6 or 7 Platoon, and I don't even know how many Edward Scissorhands. I also have the King Of The Hill season that he did a guest voice (season 8). All 5 seasons of 21 Jumpstreet. he wasn't technically in season 5 because his contract had ended, but they put the season 4 finale in season 5 for the DVD sets. Also his pic is on the cover. I have movies that were never released in North America. You name a movie, I most likely have it. My all time favorite movie is one of his most obscure ones. The Libertine.