Register Now
Katri Marcell

Ask Katri

@StaceyPowers If you liked Myst then I suggest you try the Syberia trilogy, if you haven't already. I don't remember if you've said if you've played Bioshock 1 and 2 before Infinite but if you haven't you should too 😛 Also, it's a bit obvious but a great choice similar to Fallout is Metro (the remastered editions are amazing). Also, if you're looking for a strong FPS with amazing narrative try Spec Ops the line. Some more recommendations to consider 😛 :

Bulletstorm

Deus Ex Human Revolution / Mankind Divided 

Wolfenstein

Prey

Borderlands

As for games like Skyrim I would only suggest the Witcher and Dark Souls series (if you feel like pushing yourself). Kingdom Come Deliverance is also pretty good!

Edited by Katri Marcell

On 11/16/2018 at 10:24 PM, Katri Marcell said:

Hmmmm, Greece is full of widely unknown food. My personal favorites are Tigania which is pork with leek, i can't really describe how good it tastes! We also have Spetsofai, which is horn green peppers with saugage and tomato sauce. I won't even go over Gyros and Mousaka which you already know hahaaha

What's interesting about Greece is that lunch for us is more of a chilling time than a necessity. Most times, we'll get a glass of Tsipouro or Ouzo (similar to Vodka) and will have many different plates to take little bites from as you drink and talk with the family. They are called Mezedes and it must be the most amazing thing Greece has ever offered in terms of food 😛

Oh my gosh, the food in Greece sounds delicious - I’d be all over that!😋 OOC, what’s your fave foods from other countries from around the world?

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

Oh my gosh, the food in Greece sounds delicious - I’d be all over that!😋 OOC, what’s your fave foods from other countries from around the world?

Hmmm I haven't traveled much but I love a food they have in Serbia called Karageorgeva. It is basically like a snitchel but with cheese and ham inside. I also like the turkish Giaourtlu. It is meatloaf with tomato sauce and yoghurt. Both those are two of my favorite dishes 😄 As for desert, I love everything with syrup related to Turkey. They know how to make good sweets 😛 

11 hours ago, DC said:

What was something you've done that made you feel extreme happiness?

Hmmm tricky one! The one thing that made me extremely happy, even though it wasn't an instant doing was how I managed to fix my sleeping schedule after 7 years of struggling with insomnia. Nothing is better than not feeling tired all day and losing all day because you're sleeping 😛

1 hour ago, Katri Marcell said:

Hmmm I haven't traveled much but I love a food they have in Serbia called Karageorgeva. It is basically like a snitchel but with cheese and ham inside. I also like the turkish Giaourtlu. It is meatloaf with tomato sauce and yoghurt. Both those are two of my favorite dishes 😄 As for desert, I love everything with syrup related to Turkey. They know how to make good sweets 😛 

Gosh, this conversation is making me hungry! Haha. I really love trying new food from different countries. All of that food sounds yummy!

21 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

@StaceyPowers If you liked Myst then I suggest you try the Syberia trilogy, if you haven't already. I don't remember if you've said if you've played Bioshock 1 and 2 before Infinite but if you haven't you should too 😛 Also, it's a bit obvious but a great choice similar to Fallout is Metro (the remastered editions are amazing). Also, if you're looking for a strong FPS with amazing narrative try Spec Ops the line. Some more recommendations to consider 😛 :

Bulletstorm

Deus Ex Human Revolution / Mankind Divided 

Wolfenstein

Prey

Borderlands

As for games like Skyrim I would only suggest the Witcher and Dark Souls series (if you feel like pushing yourself). Kingdom Come Deliverance is also pretty good!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up for me! Everyone mentions Spec Ops The Line to me. I think that'll have to be one of my next purchases. 

4 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

was how I managed to fix my sleeping schedule after 7 years of struggling with insomnia. Nothing is better than not feeling tired all day and losing all day because you're sleeping

Fellow insomnia sufferer here. What fixed it for me is gaming for two hours before bed each night! How do you deal with yours?

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up for me! Everyone mentions Spec Ops The Line to me. I think that'll have to be one of my next purchases. 

I'm sure you'll love it. It's dramatic and full of action at the same time. Let me know what you think if you get your hands on it 😛

@StaceyPowers actually I've done nothing  at all. When I started a new morning job that requires me getting up too early and have to take the public transportation for 2 hours to get there I just come home exhausted. Not the best way to beat insomnia though. What I would suggest you to beat it though in a more humane way is hit the gym or walk walk walk. Tiring yourself physically is the best medication for insomnia 😛

I'm sure you'll love it. It's dramatic and full of action at the same time. Let me know what you think if you get your hands on it 😛

Btw, can I jump into this game without playing its predecessors?

@StaceyPowers actually I've done nothing  at all. When I started a new morning job that requires me getting up too early and have to take the public transportation for 2 hours to get there I just come home exhausted. Not the best way to beat insomnia though. What I would suggest you to beat it though in a more humane way is hit the gym or walk walk walk. Tiring yourself physically is the best medication for insomnia 😛

Hahah. Kinda makes me think of the two weight loss diets which worked for me: food poisoning and a jaw injury.