Register Now
italianmunchiez

Sony Next Gen Console?

So we all could of guessed that there would be another console from Sony and they've finally announced that their in process of the next gen console they are working with AMD for their architecture and graphics card so you can expect to see some semi-good graphics although NVIDIA would be a better choice but it's their choice. Anyway rumors have always been going on but now that it's finally announced do you think it's gonna be worth buying when it releases in possibly 2019 or 2020?

I'm guessing the new gen console for Sony would be the Playstation 5. I doubt it will be released in 2020 as I'm more thinking 2023 (10 years from the initial released of the PS4). I'd like the company to introduce the following below.

• Cross-platform
  • Backwards compatbility
  • VR focus (more virtual reality games)
  • Better video games and a bigger selection to choose from.
Edited by xXInfectedXx

My bet is that PS5 is announced next year, in December, at their PSX event (that's why they've pulled out of E3 as they want time to get their ducks in a row). The unit will be unveiled and Mark Cerny will talk us through the new tech. I'm guessing it'll have 16GB GDDR5 RAM, a powerful AMD graphics chip-set (two or three times more powerful than Xbox One X, maybe?) and a 4K Blu-ray player. As a result, it will be more expensive than the PS4 at launch. We're probably looking at about $450/£399. This is all conjecture obviously, but with rumours of devs working on PS5 games, Sony must be close to finalising the specs for the PS5. It'll likely launch in late 2020/early 2021.