Register Now
Jerlene

Did you vote?

On 1/6/2019 at 11:55 AM, mont86 said:

Jerlene do u live in what region of the country ?  I'm central part of the US.. I'm pretty disappointed in our politicians in the last 20 years.. I grew up farming.. 

Most people are disappointed in their politicians though...

49 minutes ago, mont86 said:

I do believe in term limits . And talk of term limits seem to scare professional politicians . Lol

Any form of accountability scares them no matter what country you are from. Term limits is an absolute must - it is a shame most countries don't have such a policy in place as it prevents the Politicians from milking the system for as long as they seem fit.

16 hours ago, mont86 said:

Over the years some candidates "talk limits" but nothing ever happens .. lol

And you only ever hear these speeches around Election time when they need the votes but you won't ever hear anything about it until the next election 3-4 years later and they just regurgitate the same speech and add a bit more to it to "spice" it up.

Let this be a lesson; get. Out.And. Vote!

My alderman was such a scumbag. His name was John Arena, and we would be here all night if I explained why. Basically the epitome of corrupt Chicago politics, and he was alderman of the 45th Ward.

Well, because people got out and voted, Mr. Arena was defeated in a landslide!

So, don't be shy. At the very least I was able to bitch about Obama for 8 years because I got out and voted for the late McCain in 2008, and Romney in 2012.

Edited by Herschie
Autocorrect