Register Now
Jerlene

How was your experience with your wisdom teeth?

Did you get them removed already? How old were you when you did it and what was the experience like?

I was 18 when I got all 4 removed at the same time. It hurt like hell and I couldn't talk or stop bleeding the whole day. I went to Walmart for gauze right after and the pharmacist tried to help me but he couldn't understand a damn thing I was saying. lol

It pains a lot. And usually wisdom teeth can start at 18 to 44. And it definitely pains as you tend to get the teeth later in life. I try to keep the wisdom teeth and not remove them unless ofcourse there is some infection or some. They can be strong teeth. I think if I had pain I may at the best do the root canal. And see if that can help with one teeth. 

42 minutes ago, mont86 said:

Plus I kept biting my cheek.. That was annoying.  Big teeth..

That definitely sounds painful. I was having some severe pain in the back of mouth behind the back row of teeth, to the point that I couldn't eat properly or even sleep.

Ha, just found this thread. I just recently had 3 wisdom teeth removed. Was given a general anaesthetic so I was asleep thankfully. Woke up to a lot of pain and annoyingly the stitches in my gums got infected. Two weeks later, and I’m only just starting to eat proper food as opposed to soup/smoothies. Was pretty unpleasant!

I know it's upcoming in the upcoming months, or years but I have not yet had my experience with Wisdom Teeth, and I'm 19 years old. My family and friends both tell me it's one of the most painful moments you'll go through. Dental treatment is expensive here in the UK.

I wasn't loopy at all. A little sleepy but not dizzy and I didn't say anything odd. I attribute the sleepiness more to the fact that my appointment was at 8:00 a.m. however. The surgery sort of felt like lying down, closing my eyes for a moment, and then it was over. When I woke up I thought they hadn't even started yet, that's how quick it was. Numbness in the face made eating the pudding cup they sent me home with messy, but it went away after a while.

On 12/4/2020 at 7:57 AM, Empire said:

I wasn't loopy at all. A little sleepy but not dizzy and I didn't say anything odd. I attribute the sleepiness more to the fact that my appointment was at 8:00 a.m. however. The surgery sort of felt like lying down, closing my eyes for a moment, and then it was over. When I woke up I thought they hadn't even started yet, that's how quick it was. Numbness in the face made eating the pudding cup they sent me home with messy, but it went away after a while.

The most challenging part for me was trying to talk immediately after the procedure and I was kind of disoriented. I had to be throwing up hand signs like a deaf person - it was a somewhat comical experience for me.