Register Now
Jerlene

How many genders are there?

I watch a lot of Steven Crowder and Change My Mind and one of the videos that really stood out was There Are Only 2 Genders. If you haven't seen it go on YouTube and search for it. I completely agree with him. There are only 2 genders, male and female, and these sensitive snowflakes out here need to stop adding more. I read an article that said there are 384 genders. Wth!? No.

I remember reading that article! When I saw it I thought to myself "How on earth can their be 384 genders?" I was under the impression and I was definitely brought up to believe that their were only two genders. I am a firm believer that there are only two genders and nothing more and I understand that people do sometimes change from one gender to another but even so.. that doesn't give them another name, they are either becoming a man or a woman therefore they are either male or female. 

We sure do live in a crazy world at the moment and I sometimes do wonder what someone will come out with next. 383 genders is definitely the craziest just recently! 

On 11/18/2018 at 11:21 AM, Shortie861 said:

I remember reading that article! When I saw it I thought to myself "How on earth can their be 384 genders?" I was under the impression and I was definitely brought up to believe that their were only two genders. I am a firm believer that there are only two genders and nothing more and I understand that people do sometimes change from one gender to another but even so.. that doesn't give them another name, they are either becoming a man or a woman therefore they are either male or female. 

We sure do live in a crazy world at the moment and I sometimes do wonder what someone will come out with next. 383 genders is definitely the craziest just recently! 

That's why I want to hurry up and get that underground bunker to seal myself away from all the stupidity in this world.

As a trans female I personally only feel there are 2 genders, even if I am one and identify as the other. I don't really see myself as anything in between either, I see myself as a female.

That being said I do believe people are free to develop their own identity and some people feel it's easier without a gender tied to it, thus why we get these genderfluid terms.

There are two genders - and maybe a few sub-genders.  I mean, some girls are into sports.  Some guys are into poetry.  Of course, that's not dissing their sexuality or assuming they're gay/lesbian.