Register Now
Jerlene

What's the point in believing in God?

49 minutes ago, mont86 said:

Yeah they're just clergy .. Saddening ...

A lot of people get upset when you question their religious leaders.

Sadly, most people where brought up not question their religion and belief because it is seen as questioning "God"(This is complete bs). I don't even need to question anymore either as the evidence is right in front of me.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sadly, most people where brought up not question their religion and belief because it is seen as questioning "God"(This is complete bs). I don't even need to question anymore either as the evidence is right in front of me.

I mean, trusting a 400 year old book from the desert really is dubious to begin with so..

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Your so right about , your not suppose to question "GOD" 

Curious as to what the evidence .. I might have missed what something.

16 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I mean, trusting a 400 year old book from the desert really is dubious to begin with so..

I agree, how many times have stories been juiced up to make them more exciting when retold a thousand times.

10 minutes ago, mont86 said:

Your so right about , your not suppose to question "GOD" 

Curious as to what the evidence .. I might have missed what something.

I agree, how many times have stories been juiced up to make them more exciting when retold a thousand times.

Too many to count my man.. Too many to count.

Believing in God already assumes that there is a God. Otherwise why believe in something that does not exist? Maybe the better question is: How is it to believe or not to believe in a God? In this way our experiences come in, at least our religious experiences as some theologians or philosophers  would call it. 

Well, death is a big problem.  There's now way out of it and people need assurance when they die - and especially when facing the death of loved ones.

I mean, one late atheist  (on a popular forum) made the smart-ass comment of "Nature doesn't owe us anything.", lol - but, honestly, people are only human and need assurance.