Register Now
Jerlene

What is your favourite sport to watch?

What is your favourite sport to watch on television, or in person? 

I personally love going to football games. The energy is unlike anything you experience at any other games. I don't really like watching any sports though. If I had to choose I'd say basketball. 

Well compare the base skill of hockey to other major sports. For soccer, football, baseball, and basketball, first you just have to be able to stand on the court/field. With hockey you have to be able to skate before you get on the ice. That means skating forward, backward, sideways, on one skate, and be able to stop on a dime. Also on a slap shot the puck can hit speeds of up to 90mph. That's a chunk of steel with a thin layer of rubber on it. And you have to catch it with a wooden stick on the ice when it's passed.

I'm not trying to insult any sport as all take master talent and skill to reach the top level, I just think hockey takes more.

I don't have many sports that I love to watch but I do have a few that I enjoy watching on television. Tennis and Snooker are two sports that I love to watch each year especially when they do the huge main events such as the Snooker World Championships and Wimbledon. These are two events I would love to go and watch in person live but they are so expensive to get tickets for that I never bother to go or attempt to get tickets. 

One other sport (if you class it as a sport) that I love to watch weekly and have been to see live is Wrestling. Many people don't class that as a sport however with it being on the sports channels where I live and it being something where people are active, I guess it can be classed as a sport to some extent.