Register Now
Jerlene

Is soccer manlier than football?

McCarthyism killed what was a fairly popular sport in America, believe it or not. And from there it gained the foreigner sentiment which evolved into pansy, Nowadays it is a fairly popular sport, especially in a participatory context and the only people who see it as pansy are those who probably never played sports at all.

Yeah, the game soccer was adorned in the 9th century medieval period or times played firstly in England, but the modern day soccer originated in the 19th century, that was how the transition came about and not the type played in 9th century teams that evolved around 'Folk football, in which teams competed to catch a pig's bladder from one end to another lol. 

Soccer is still a good sport as much as football. But I enjoying watching a soccer game more.

Soccer has been my first let me since I knew what it was at about 6, years old and till date it has remained my favorite "manlier" or not.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Honestly, after watching some NFL in recent times, American football is definitely tougher to play - just look at some of these hits:

Football is much more gruesome and tougher than soccer and I wouldn't ever consider playing it even for fun.

You have you to be bulky in size  to play the game that's why they wear a lot of protective gear .

12 hours ago, Clasher said:

Football is much more gruesome and tougher than soccer and I wouldn't ever consider playing it even for fun.

You have you to be bulky in size  to play the game that's why they wear a lot of protective gear .

Football and Rugby are two crazy sports can you imagine being at the bottom of a pile with 5+ 300 lb men on top of you? Rugby is even worse - they don't even wear any safety equipment. There have been so many stories of former NFL players suffering long-term brain damage among other things from being hit so hard.