Register Now
Jerlene

Blog or Forum?

11 hours ago, Jerlene said:

You would choose to make a forum even now when forums are dying and no longer a go-to type of site? I love the features forums have to offer, but that's a risky move.

Agreed. We cover our news on VGR.com and our forum is secondary.

Unless you have an already established forum, forums should definitely be secondary. Focus on blogging more in this day and age. Everything is different now. I hope forums do somehow make a comeback, but I highly doubt it. Definitely not holding my breath. 

I much prefer forums over blogs if I am honest and I think the main reason for that is because I prefer the whole way forums work. With forums you can grow a community and make friends whereas with something like a blog you don't have that ability I don't feel because of how they are laid out. I have posted on a few forums and blogs and each time I always find myself going back to forums for the community. You can also customize a forum a lot more as well both as the user and as the owner and I love that.

If I'm looking for support I'm one of the few that will go to a blog before I go to a forum. I like just reading articles and being done with it. If I need help that isn't covered in a blog post though, I go straight to a forum.

I prefer forums over blog posts/comments. I feel a forum is more personal and more 'connected' between users. It allows you to build up a community where people can meet new friends and such.  For example, I met @Shortie861nearly 10 years ago on a forum, we are now in a relationship and have been for 4 years now. 🙂 So while it's rare, you can even find love on a forum, can't really have that sort of experience over a blog. 

On 11/25/2018 at 3:35 PM, Smokey said:

I prefer forums over blog posts/comments. I feel a forum is more personal and more 'connected' between users. It allows you to build up a community where people can meet new friends and such.  For example, I met @Shortie861nearly 10 years ago on a forum, we are now in a relationship and have been for 4 years now. 🙂 So while it's rare, you can even find love on a forum, can't really have that sort of experience over a blog. 

I agree with what you said and congrats on a healthy relationship.

Forum all the way for me. Personally, I feel a forum allows users to connect at a personal level and It also allows you to build up a community where your members can share similar interests and meet new friends online. I started running my forum on 2014 and I'm still managing it to this day, I'd highly recommend a discussion board if you have the member base.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

14 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Forum all the way for me. Personally, I feel a forum allows users to connect at a personal level and It also allows you to build up a community where your members can share similar interests and meet new friends online. I started running my forum on 2014 and I'm still managing it to this day, I'd highly recommend a discussion board if you have the member base.

Forums all the way although Blogs do have their uses.