Register Now
Jerlene

Online jobs on real life resume?

Would you put online jobs that you've had on your real life resume? I've worked many jobs online, good ones, but never wanted to put it on my resume because they were remote jobs. I didn't think they would be taken seriously. What do you guys think? Do or would you do it?

Interesting. I was a hiring manager and honestly I wouldn't give someone the time of day if all they had was freelance experience. I would probably just laugh at the resume and move onto the next one. If it was mixed with other experience I would continue reading though.

Yes, if was a job and you were getting paid a wage for it, you should add it. I've added all of my previous work online to my CV in search of a job. The real term for online jobs is known as freelancing and employers accept this on your resume. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 1/3/2019 at 7:22 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Yes, if was a job and you were getting paid a wage for it, you should add it. I've added all of my previous work online to my CV in search of a job. The real term for online jobs is known as freelancing and employers accept this on your resume. 

But what if your online activity is doing surveys, do you still put it as freelancing?