Register Now
Keranov

MMORPG Recommendations

What is currently the most popular MMORPG in 2018? I have been enjoying playing MMORPG video games since 2010 and I used to play one which is dead now, unfortunately. I want to get into this genre again so I'm looking for MMORPG recommendations. Path of Exile is available for free in Steam but I'm not sure if it's good or not. Has anyone here ever played it? Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Edited by Keranov

Final Fantasy XIV is as popular as ever. Requires a subscription but seems worth it. My only gripe with it is that some of it requires a fair bit of grinding.

Otherwise I highly recommend Guild Wars 2.

2 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Final Fantasy XIV is as popular as ever. Requires a subscription but seems worth it. My only gripe with it is that some of it requires a fair bit of grinding.

Otherwise I highly recommend Guild Wars 2.

Thank you very much for the recommendations. I don't like games which require subscription to be honest. But I just watched a short video of Guild Wars 2 and I might give it a try. Looks pretty active with a lot of players in the video. Is it free to play?

Edited by Keranov

I've given a fair share of time to almost every popular MMORPG out there. For me Black Desert, Guild Wars 2 and Skyforge were the best. The latter is not at its best state right now though so you shouldn't bother as much. Black Desert and Guild Wars 2 though are a must try!

1 hour ago, Katri Marcell said:

I've given a fair share of time to almost every popular MMORPG out there. For me Black Desert, Guild Wars 2 and Skyforge were the best. The latter is not at its best state right now though so you shouldn't bother as much. Black Desert and Guild Wars 2 though are a must try!

Thank you very much for the recommendations. I have played Black Desert Online some months ago during a free weekend in Steam and didn't like it much to be honest.

21 hours ago, Randall Duguid said:

Try warframe

Warframe isn't really in my style.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:17 AM, 9Online said:

Try Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy! Both are really popular and great games.

I tried Elder Scrolls and couldn't get into it. I adore Skyrim, Fallout 3 etc. But the Elder Scrolls Online game felt empty and lifeless by comparison, which is pretty ironic, right? Glad you enjoyed it, though. Not played Final Fantasy's MMO, mind you.