Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jerlene

Do you like to take naps?

I have never liked taking naps. I feel like if I nap then I'm just wasting my day away. I don't care how tired I feel, I will force myself to stay up. This helps me with my insomnia. If I force myself to stay up I can usually get to bed at a decent hour. 

I don't like to take naps. As I work on shifts, if I take naps it's quite dangerous to not sleep well at night. It really depends on the day.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, o-o said:

I don't like to take naps. As I work on shifts, if I take naps it's quite dangerous to not sleep well at night. It really depends on the day.

Yeah I work rotating shifts for many years now and it seems like I just get naps … Gets frustrating not to get a full 6 to 8 hours.

30 minutes ago, mont86 said:

Yeah I work rotating shifts for many years now and it seems like I just get naps … Gets frustrating not to get a full 6 to 8 hours.

Sometimes, there may be an underlying issue that is disrupting your sleeping pattern which causes you not to sleep peacefully for the regular 6 to 8 hours. Have you seen a doctor (one that you can trust and not some random one that'll say anything to put you on meds)?

17 hours ago, mont86 said:

I have looked into it with out much luck i'm afraid .

The least I could tell you is to try to establish some kind of relaxation route a few hours before you go to bed as it may help you to sleep longer.

I have never liked taking naps, formally when I was a child. Generally speaking nowadays, I think I'm starting to appreciate sleep more than I used to when I was at school. Working long hours is enough for me - after my shift I would be lucky to get 6 hours rest. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I wish I could take more naps. I love them and take every opportunity to take one when I'm tired (which is, pretty much, always). 

But I agree, the fact that I'm loosing time while napping is annoying. 

On 4/9/2019 at 7:14 AM, Moony Burbage said:

I wish I could take more naps. I love them and take every opportunity to take one when I'm tired (which is, pretty much, always). 

But I agree, the fact that I'm loosing time while napping is annoying. 

Napping is a light recharger and doesn't cost you much time unless you are going over 30 minutes. This is where you need to set an alarm to prevent yourself from over-indulging in your nap.