Register Now
Jerlene

Budgeting.

Yes, most definitely I do. I use the 30, 20, 50 rule. 50% is to be allocated for housing costs and regular bills. Twenty percent should be used for saving goals or retirement. Finally, thirty percent of your monthly income can be used for wants and luxuries.  Millions of people stick to this rule daily as it's well known, by sticking to this guidance I am able to budget my money more effectively each month 

6 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Yes, most definitely I do. I use the 30, 20, 50 rule. 50% is to be allocated for housing costs and regular bills. Twenty percent should be used for saving goals or retirement. Finally, thirty percent of your monthly income can be used for wants and luxuries.  Millions of people stick to this rule daily as it's well known, by sticking to this guidance I am able to budget my money more effectively each month 

I subscribe to this method as well except my savings/emergency are the 30% and my luxuries are the 20%.

Not anymore.. I work two jobs.. But I did years ago.. I remember when I thought saving 20 dollars was great..

Some of the times.. I would work for extra spending money , then when I got paid, I'd say I worked to hard to just spend it..

15 hours ago, mont86 said:

Not anymore.. I work two jobs.. But I did years ago.. I remember when I thought saving 20 dollars was great..

Some of the times.. I would work for extra spending money , then when I got paid, I'd say I worked to hard to just spend it..

Even with the money I spend I tend to put aside at least a 10 or 20 dollars out of it just in case.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It depends. If it involves a lot of money I use my debit because I find it unsafe to walk around with a lot of money.

I agree, years ago in bigger cities, stores wouldn't take checks so more people carried cash , making it unsafe for people .

1 hour ago, mont86 said:

I agree, years ago in bigger cities, stores wouldn't take checks so more people carried cash , making it unsafe for people .

The thing with cheques is you don't necessarily have a way to ascertain if the cheque was fraudulent or genuine unless they made some calls to the issuing bank which may or may not be open during those said hours, making it a hassle for both consumers or business.