Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you want from Elder Scrolls VI?

I know it’s super early to be asking this, but there are a lot of folks here who are as hooked on Bethesda games as I am.
What are you hoping for from Elder Scrolls VI in terms of location, improvements over past titles, etc?

I think what I’d like to see most is a bit more depth to various characters and quests, even if that means fewer choices.

Like I very much prefer the companion system in Fallout NV. There are fewer possible companions there, but they are much more well-developed and all (I think) have quests associated with them. It very much amounts to a sense of “less is more” for me—the whole game feels more fleshed out.

Beyond that, I’d like to see more reflections of player choices in the world. Like I want other characters/factions to react to armor choice, past actions, etc. Here too I really like NV’s reputation system, and feel like something like that could reach a new level in Elder Scrolls VI.

Yeah, it would be nice to see NV's reputation system get fleshed out a bit. I can definitely see that happening. I'd also like to see an even more diverse array of monsters, with special hybrids and mini-boss incarnations of each. I know Fallout 4 had a similar system with the legendary monsters, but I'd like to see a little more than just extra HP. Perhaps have different sized monsters, with different attacks. So excited for Elder Scrolls 6. Definitely one of my most anticipated releases (though it won't be out for a long while yet).

As far as location I was kind of hoping for Valenwood as I really like wood elves, but based on that image from E3 ppl seem to think Hammerfell is most likely, and that would be cool to.  As far as the game, first of all I hope Bethesda really revamps the engine and gives greater visual fidelity and gameplay mechanics.  Increase the amount of potential NPC interaction and offer more true side quests with good story lines built around them.  I also agree that a system built around player choice and more consequences from those choices would be great.  Beyond that I just want a big beautiful Bethesda world to explore, cool new armor types and weapons, and in depth skill trees and build options.