Register Now
Katri Marcell

Favorite Fighting Game?

I'm not a huge fan of the fighting genre, but me and my friends are looking for games to try out together when we gather. For me, my favorite ones are the anime related fighting games from Bandai Namco like the Naruto and Dragon Ball ones.

What about you? Do you have any good fighting games to recommend?

My personal list of favorites:
-Mortal Kombat 3 and 9
-Marvel Vs Capcom 1
-The King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus 2
-Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
-Injustice 1 or 2, the first one has the best story I have seen in a fighting game.
-Super smash brothers any version is fun.

A lot of people keep going off with their retro nostalgia. However, I am in the same camp as @kingpotato where some of my favorite fighting games are actually games like 3rd Strike.

However, I also love games like BlazBlue CrossTag Battle, Guilty Gear Xrd, Under Night: In-Birth (mostly because I'm secretly a Melty Blood fan), Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and Dragon Ball FighterZ.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:09 PM, Katri Marcell said:

I'm not into that whole brutality theme of Mortal Kombat. I like its modes and the fact that it's versatile but it's waaay to much for me. 😄 

Play Under Night In-Birth then. It relishes on fundamentals and it's a fantastic game. It also replaces over the top violence with anime lol

6 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

A lot of people keep going off with their retro nostalgia. However, I am in the same camp as @kingpotato where some of my favorite fighting games are actually games like 3rd Strike.

However, I also love games like BlazBlue CrossTag Battle, Guilty Gear Xrd, Under Night: In-Birth (mostly because I'm secretly a Melty Blood fan), Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Almost forgot about Guilty Gear. 😁