Register Now
DylanC

Best Arcade Game You've Ever Played?

A couple of my favorites were Silent Scope, and Dance Maniax. It's different from DDR. With DM, you use your hands over sensors instead of your feet. It was pretty sweet. Also one that I played constantly and was severely good at was Soul Caliber 2. Hook me up with Kilik, and you are going to get hurt.

Arcade games are so much fun! I remember when I was growing up two of my most favourite arcade games to play were Donkey Kong and PacMan! PacMan was the one game I became super addicted to though and my parents were never fond of me playing on it too long due to how addicted I got to that game. Safe to say though, all the hours spent on PacMan when I was growing up definitely helped me out as I get older. 

It's a shame they don't make arcade games like they used to anymore, it would be nice to see something new released in the arcade genre. So many awesome memories!

Best arcade game of all time, that's a tough question! It's hard just to pick one being my favourite. As the first video game I ever played, I can always find some room and love in my heart for Pacman. A balance of many different concepts which makes the Retro Game fun to play. Very simply objective for the player. You have to make there way through a maze and has to gather all of the Pat-Dots (DOTS) in order to complete the level. As a player, you are constantly being hunted by four ghosts which means your main purpose is to kill them.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 12/7/2018 at 11:39 PM, xXInfectedXx said:

Best arcade game of all time, that's a tough question! It's hard just to pick one being my favourite. As the first video game I ever played, I can always find some room and love in my heart for Pacman. A balance of many different concepts which makes the Retro Game fun to play. Very simply objective for the player. You have to make there way through a maze and has to gather all of the Pat-Dots (DOTS) in order to complete the level. As a player, you are constantly being hunted by four ghosts which means your main purpose is to kill them.

Weirdly, in the UK Pac-Man was pretty rare to find in arcade cabinet form. I rememeber playing it a few times in the arcade but my fondest memories personally was when I owned a copy of it on Amstrad. Good choice, though!

On 2/4/2019 at 6:32 AM, DylanC said:

Weirdly, in the UK Pac-Man was pretty rare to find in arcade cabinet form. I rememeber playing it a few times in the arcade but my fondest memories personally was when I owned a copy of it on Amstrad. Good choice, though!

It's not just the UK. I can't find an arcade Pac-Man machine myself and haven't seen one at an arcade in over 10 years.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:11 PM, Folk Artist said:

I would say Space Invaders was my favorite - and remember seeing these games appearing in supermarkets, restaurants, liquor stores, gas stations and a lot of other retail places that needed extra income.

Have you ever tried Sega Rally? You sit down in a driver cockpit with a gear stick, clutch, steering wheel and handbrake and you race against another competitor.