Register Now
Jerlene

Sports injuries.

Do you have any sports related injuries?

I saw a doctor a few years ago for some pain in my knees. To my surprise, she told me that the injury has been there most of my life. She said I had arthritis in both of my knees and I probably had it since I was, at the OLDEST, 9. We all came to the conclusion it was back from my sports days, when I was playing baseball, basketball, football, volleyball, etc. Mostly baseball though and she said that made sense. 

Anyway, do you have any sports injuries?

I wouldn't say I have any sports injuries though. I used to play a lot of sports when I was younger from rounders to tennis and even some football, however, I never became injured from playing those sports. Many of my injuries are from the likes of having accidents when stepping and stepping wrong, for example around 5 years ago now I stepped outside to fetch my cat in and stepped wrong and damaged the ligaments in my foot. Safe to say now when I am on my feet for too long or when the weather is really cold I do suffer a lot. 

It is quite crazy though to know that people do suffer sports injuries from such a young age and that after that injury you will be affected for life. I guess it's how you manage that injury that plays out how well you deal with it when it decides to flare up.

19 minutes ago, Rey said:

Sports injuries are painful to watch thankfully I never got anyone playing sports.

The pain is bad and all that but it's the psychological impact it has on you especially when coming back from injury. You going to be nervous going into every challenge hoping you don't get re-injured.

14 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The pain is bad and all that but it's the psychological impact it has on you especially when coming back from injury. You going to be nervous going into every challenge hoping you don't get re-injured.

It is very psychologically bearing. It can have an impact on you for the rest of your life 

I've taken a few nasty spills on skateboards in my time. Managed to scrape my elbow and back pretty bad. Always knocks your confidence when you fall off. Takes a while to build your confidence back up after a bad fall skateboarding. 

On 6/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, The Blackangel said:

My left collar bone has extra corners from me landing wrong when I came off a bull. I love bull riding to this day, but being in a wheelchair kinda keeps my ride time rather, sparse, shall we say?

I'd never try something like that although I have skateboarding down a hill via the sidewalks. Spoiler Alert: I dislocated my shoulder and got quite a bit of bruises.