Register Now
9Online

Do you still play Minecraft?

Minecraft is my favorite PC game these days. To be honest, I've been playing for years... and I'm still entertained! I'm not so caught up in all these modern PC games. I'd rather stay updated on consoles.

Where are all the Minecraft fans on VGR? Does anybody here operate a server? 

I started playing in Alpha when I was going to University. I got very addicted and would play for hours a day. It was affecting my studies so I stopped playing and haven't gone back in years. Over that time I also learnt about Notch doing some awful things to some marginalised game developers so the idea of going back to it makes me feel gross. 

I really have spent tons of time into Minecraft when I was younger. I was playing it for more than 6 hours each day for years. But recently I don't play it very much. Maybe sometimes once a week or somewhat there. Not much interested into this game anymore.

6 hours ago, Keranov said:

I really have spent tons of time into Minecraft when I was younger. I was playing it for more than 6 hours each day for years. But recently I don't play it very much. Maybe sometimes once a week or somewhat there. Not much interested into this game anymore.

Yeah, I was doing the same thing bro! I took a break for about a year when I had new interests, but here I am today, playing again.

21 hours ago, fantanoice said:

I started playing in Alpha when I was going to University. I got very addicted and would play for hours a day. It was affecting my studies so I stopped playing and haven't gone back in years. Over that time I also learnt about Notch doing some awful things to some marginalised game developers so the idea of going back to it makes me feel gross. 

I agree that MC is really addicting sometimes! Sometimes I still get carried away. I haven't heard much about Notch and other company politics. I just stick to being a player 😄 

I have been playing Minecraft on and off since about mid-2010. Recently, I was working on an underwater base but my experience was ruined by the 1.13 update which helves performance on my computer but it was not completed until the 1.13.1 update which was meant to fix the least updates’ issues but in reality, made the game stutter like hell.

I play it a lot with my 6 yo daughter. She loves Creative mode and enjoys designing her own houses and mansions. It's a lovely way for us to play games together; Not too challenging and pretty chill. We've been playing Minecraft Story mode a lot, as well.

Still do here! Minecraft is fun in so many different ways and any age groups can play it! Your art, desiging, imagination and various other skills come out when you play this video game. Unfortunately, Minecraft is very constant and can be very dull due to ther repetitive features the game has to offer. It's not my favourite, but it's not to say I don't play every so often. 

Back when Minecraft came out for Xbox I remember I spent a whole lot of time on it just building random houses and such. I found it very relaxing and used to love spending time with my family playing the game creating different things. My children still play it from time to time and they enjoy following tutorials on YouTube and making huge creations on there and then saving them, it gives them hours of fun on rainy days and they love the outcome of their creations.