Register Now
9Online

Do you still play Minecraft?

Every now and then I'll return for a gaming session in Minecraft. A few years ago, believe it or not, Minecraft was one of my favourite games. This isn't to say I don't like it, but it's something I don't really play anymore. Minecraft is just like any-other classic-old game, it's nice to play it once in a while. Brings back the good memories of my childhood. 

I shake my head when people talk about playing something like Minecraft when they were 7-8 years old. Or people referring to Wii as a retro system. Not to be insulting, but if you think the Wii is retro, you need your head examined. And Minecraft at that age just gives me a chuckle. Kids that age will never be able to grasp the fact that there was a time that all gamers played games with that kind of graphics because that was as far as digital animation had gotten.

16 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Every now and then I'll return for a gaming session in Minecraft. A few years ago, believe it or not, Minecraft was one of my favourite games. This isn't to say I don't like it, but it's something I don't really play anymore. Minecraft is just like any-other classic-old game, it's nice to play it once in a while. Brings back the good memories of my childhood. 

Yes, I know a lot of gamers ho do this. I know many of them are not happy with the new changes and server  stuff. But still its worth getting back to once in a while for creative mode. 

3 hours ago, 1st&Love said:

I have never in my life played Minecraft. I never understood the hype.

I'll join you right there man. It's an odd one for me because I used to play with Legos a lot as a kid and build all kinds of stuff, I've played some of the lego games like Lego star wars and yet, I'd never go near minecraft. I just can't put my finger on why this game turns me off so much.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

I'll join you right there man. It's an odd one for me because I used to play with Legos a lot as a kid and build all kinds of stuff, I've played some of the lego games like Lego star wars and yet, I'd never go near minecraft. I just can't put my finger on why this game turns me off so much.

Same here. I played with legos all the time as a kid. But have felt no allure whatsoever to Minecraft.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd like some to explain to me what are you supposed to do in Minecraft aside from building.

There is also survival mode, think of it as batttle royale prequel where people randomly come to your place and kill you. 

I think I might be the only one who has never played Minecraft. I’ve had the opportunity to play plenty of times, but it just never interested me enough to play. Maybe that phase was childhood which has now passed haha.

9 hours ago, ARx182 said:

I think I might be the only one who has never played Minecraft. I’ve had the opportunity to play plenty of times, but it just never interested me enough to play. Maybe that phase was childhood which has now passed haha.

You're not the only one. I've never once played it.

22 hours ago, ARx182 said:

It's not like you missed anything. it is only game meant for the creative mode for people who just want to release the anxiety or survival when they want to have some action. Nothing more fancy.