Register Now
Shortie861

Thoughts on Battlefield 5?

Battlefield 5 is out for many right now if you have early access. You would have gained early access depending on what version of the game you purchased. The Digital Deluxe Edition I believe it was gave you access to the game yesterday (Thursday) however if you got the normal version of the game you will gain access to it on 20th November 2018!

I myself have the Digital Deluxe version of the game and I was able to play it yesterday. As with any game you will get bugs and issues that need to be ironed out but over all I would say it's a really fun game that you can have hours of fun with friends.

Have you picked up Battlefield 5 yet and what are your thoughts on it? 

I haven't picked it up since the whole fiasco with EA call their customers "uneducated" because people questioned the protagonist's origin story because it was historically inaccurate and Battlefield is known for its historical accuracy. Besides that, all the reviews I've come across gave the game a poor rating because it is the same as Battlefield 1 which was released a year prior - graphics and everything.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I haven't picked it up since the whole fiasco with EA call their customers "uneducated" because people questioned the protagonist's origin story because it was historically inaccurate and Battlefield is known for its historical accuracy. Besides that, all the reviews I've come across gave the game a poor rating because it is the same as Battlefield 1 which was released a year prior - graphics and everything.

That's less of a stab at the game though and more at how EA handles criticism. It wouldn't deter me from playing it.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:22 PM, killamch89 said:

because it was historically inaccurate and Battlefield is known for its historical accuracy.

Honestly, I wouldn't care less about historical accuracy. I understand the frustration up to a point, but it is a joke... Now, they may have put female characters in the trailer and in-game due to this feminism thing going on lately, but I take it as a customisation feature, aka a plus. I mean, honestly, historical accuracy is not 100% what made Battlefield famous. I mean, in Battlefield 4, has Shanghai been attacked by these specific types of tanks or airforce? I think that people are overreacting with this whole situation. 

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They said if you don't like our games don't buy them and that is a direct quote lol. 

Of course, I am talking just about the trailer thing. What EA did afterwards (Telling its audience "Don't like it? Don't buy it!") was, IMO, a very very bad move. I mean, their stocks decreased by a considerable percentage. I agree that that was a dull move but still, not a reason to not play a game if you like it. Honestly, as a gamer & Battlefield fan, I wouldn't care less what EA says or does, as long as the game has quality standards.

Edited by iaminsensible

20 minutes ago, iaminsensible said:

Honestly, I wouldn't care less about historical accuracy. I understand the frustration up to a point, but it is a joke... Now, they may have put female characters in the trailer and in-game due to this feminism thing going on lately, but I take it as a customisation feature, aka a plus. I mean, honestly, historical accuracy is not 100% what made Battlefield famous. I mean, in Battlefield 4, has Shanghai been attacked by these specific types of tanks or airforce? I think that people are overreacting with this whole situation. 

Of course, I am talking just about the trailer thing. What EA did afterwards (Telling its audience "Don't like it? Don't buy it!") was, IMO, a very very bad move. I mean, their stocks decreased by a considerable percentage. I agree that that was a dull move but still, not a reason to not play a game if you like it. Honestly, as a gamer & Battlefield fan, I wouldn't care less what EA says or does, as long as the game has quality standards.

A fair argument but the problem we have with EA is that they are no longer interested in just making a quality game. They are instead, always trying to find new ways of milking their customer base while not improving on the quality of their titles and are charging premium prices to appease their investors. They aren't interested in creating memorable experiences that offers a lot of replay value, it is just a cash grind and this has been EA for almost a decade or even further going back.

Edited by killamch89

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

A fair argument but the problem we have with EA is that they are no longer interested in just making a quality game. They are instead, always trying to find new ways of milking their customer base while not improving on the quality of their titles and are charging premium prices.

I see your point, and I cannot agree more, I was commenting on the Battlefield "feminism" thing because many people have been saying that they won't be purchasing Battlefield V just for that.

1 minute ago, iaminsensible said:

I see your point, and I cannot agree more, I was commenting on the Battlefield "feminism" thing because many people have been saying that they won't be purchasing Battlefield V just for that.

I think it was boiling over way before that but that particular incident is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't like it. I don't care about any of the arguments about it being too colourful or unrealistic. The problem for me is that it was way too similar to Battlefield 1. I didn't enjoy Battlefield 1 that much. It was a good game but the World War one setting become extremely boring after a while. Whilst WW2 might have been slightly better, the game just feels like a copy of the previous game and I couldn't enjoy it when I played the beta.

10 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I don't like it. I don't care about any of the arguments about it being too colourful or unrealistic. The problem for me is that it was way too similar to Battlefield 1. I didn't enjoy Battlefield 1 that much. It was a good game but the World War one setting become extremely boring after a while. Whilst WW2 might have been slightly better, the game just feels like a copy of the previous game and I couldn't enjoy it when I played the beta.

Well, the EA CEO said if you don't like our game, don't buy it and I followed suit. He made the decision so much easier for me - wait a minute...I wasn't going to buy it anyways.😂

I don't give a damn about the stupid political agendas, EA's PR rresponses, or anything, really. I really don't. However, I still think that Battlefield V was a case study about what not to do when handling a game that doesn't respect anyone or anything. I hear that the game is barebones anyways and that plenty of issues have happened across the board. As such, I think I'm not going to miss it when the servers inevitably shut down.

19 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I don't give a damn about the stupid political agendas, EA's PR rresponses, or anything, really. I really don't. However, I still think that Battlefield V was a case study about what not to do when handling a game that doesn't respect anyone or anything. I hear that the game is barebones anyways and that plenty of issues have happened across the board. As such, I think I'm not going to miss it when the servers inevitably shut down.

This is what I have been pointing out to people about EA games for years. They offer a slightly improved, graphical re-skin of last year's game and sell it to you for premium prices and then they have the nerve to charge you for every DLC and make the game extremely grindy to the point you have to spend money just to enjoy the game.