Register Now
Jerlene

Xiaomi’s Black Shark gaming phone.

Have you guys heard of it? What are your thoughts? Would you get one? 

The price tag is no heftier than the latest iPhones and Samsungs. The cheapest version is about $800 and has 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. All versions use Snapdragon 845 chip and are extremely fast. With a 12mp camera, it really is only good for gaming. But what do you guys think?

Gaming phones are just a marketing ploy. They aren't any better than a regular smartphone - take the Asus gaming phone for instance. They claim they have an overclocked Snapdragon 845 and that it performs way better than the regular 845 chip. However, they only overclocked 4 of the cores and the overclocked the chipset by a mere 0.16 ghz which basically means it has basically the same performance as a note 9 and it needs the cooling accessory that comes with the phone to cool your handset. That is ridiculous.

I think it's too early to say for this series of phones. I think there would be demand for those type of phones in near future. As of now I don't see this much in demand right now. But we can see if this works out though. Market responds if we see more positive reviews.