Register Now
Jerlene

Customizable pro controller.

Astro Gaming has just come out with the Astro C40 TR Controller for PlayStation 4 and PC players. This controller is ergonomically comfortable and you can adjust trigger and stick sensitivity, remap buttons, tweak EQ, audio output, mic out and sidetone among other things.

They're going to start shipping orders out in early 2019 and you can already preorder it on their site for $200. But by this time the controller will already be in Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy.

For now it will only be available in the US and Canada.

Do you plan on getting it?

$200? No thanks. That's a hell of a price to charge for a controller even with what it comes with. I don't think I could ever value a $200 controller especially when I have a $40-50 one that works perfectly fine. Is customising the buttons really that important to value a controller at $200? 

I'm glad I'm not alone here. I game but I'm not on that level. I guess when you do it professionally or as you get heavier into gaming, you'll finally upgrade your accessories like a controller. That's when I can see it actually being worth the money. A controller like the one above can definitely increase your gaming experience. But gaming is something that I personally do just for fun so I would never waste that amount of money on something like a controller.

I don't really play my PS4 all that often, but my boyfriend was talking about a pro-like controller for the PS4 the other day. I'm not sure if it was this one, but I think it was the one by Razer? I know he has an Elite controller for his Xbox One and he loves it, I don't see the point in spending that much money on a controller myself. The standard controller with some kontrol freaks on the thumbsticks is enough for me. I suppose if a more affordable "Pro" controller came out for Xbox One I might consider it. 🙂

$200 Dollars?! I know a company that does the same thing for far less called controller chaos. They have a Youtube channel as well and I bought a custom Xbox one controller from them and it only cost me like $70 dollars for custom buttons and my personal logo. That was a couple years ago though but I am pretty sure their prices aren't anywhere near that.