Register Now
ApolloVI

Are you a patient gamer?

What I mean by that is, do you generally jump on new games as they come out, or do you wait a while to see the reviews and maybe a sale to get games for cheaper?

Personally, I'm mostly the latter. There's a few games every year that I'll make sure to get day 1 since I know I'll want to play it, but for the most part, I tend to wait to see if the game is good and also wait to see if I can get it at a discount. Sometimes I'll wait years. 

I feel like this is the most logical way to game nowadays, especially with the wealth of free and cheap games that are out there thanks to Steam sales, Xbox Games with Gold, and Playstation Plus. There are many games that I would've bought eventually, but ended up in my collection for no cost at all just because I waited a while and they ended up on GwG. 

What about you? What's your philosophy on buying games?

I love gaming but I'm not hardcore to the point where I'm trying to spend $60 on every new game that comes out. When I bought the original COD: Black Ops I was playing that one for years since it became my favorite (especially zombies mode). 

Usually, I stick with a game for a while until I become bored with it. I waited for 2 COD releases before I eventually updated myself! 

It tends to depend on the game, but, for the most part, if I really want it, I'll happily pre-order it. Not having a game I really, really want at launch is a pet peeve of mine so I tend to cave. Then again, it's a great feeling picking up a game in a sale and saving a ton of dough!