Register Now
Shortie861

Country Music

I have been a fan of Country Music ever since I can remember and it was after a friend I met in the US told me about other Country artists and I started to listen to more artists and my love for Country Music grew stronger. Many people I know think I am crazy because I love Country music and even my boyfriend jokes around about how much I like it, it's never actually put me off listening to it though and I love it just as much.

Are you a fan of Country music and if so, who is your favourite artist?

For me I can never pick one artist because I love so many but here is a few that I do enjoy and they are Luke Bryan, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Chris Young, Florida Georgia Line, Carrie Underwood. 

Kane Brown is a new one for me if I am honest! I can't say I have heard of that Country artist but I will definitely be checking that one out. At the moment I have one song that I heard on a Country Music radio station over here in the UK that I can not stop listening to at all! The song is by Florida Georgia Line and it's called Simple. It's such an up beat song and really does get me in the mood to want to do things. I would definitely recommend to listen to it if you are a Country music fan! 

My knowledge of Country Music is pretty limited, but I do enjoy listening to the genre when I'm in the mood. I've got a soft spot for Johnny Cash and Hank Williams. Off the top of my head, those're the only artists I can name that are Country tbh. 

Edited by DylanC

On 12/30/2018 at 10:03 AM, Rey said:

I like new country better then old country. 

A lot of people feel the opposite. However, I don't think the new stuff sounds that bad.  Anyway, it's all not "beer, trucks, and women songs", nor sentimental crap.  Certainly the sentimental stuff makes me puke!

There are some good super-groups in country pop (what is called country) - but I see/hear nothing in the other generes - as noted in my other thread.  I mean, there was something breathtaking - like U2, The Beatles, Pearl Jam,  Led Zeppelin - surely we'd hear about it!

Even though I grew up in the country, I was never really into it. I preferred light 80’s rock. Though I do appreciate some country songs & singers out there. When I was a teen, I had a penpal (pre-internet days!) who was from Tennessee, USA so she got me into more country music when I visited her.

Willie Nelson has always been my favorite country/western artist.  I also like songs like "I Believe in Love", "Lukenback Texas" and Tennessee Flattop Box (Rosanne Cash).

Oh, I can't forget to mention Dwight Yoakum.   His stuff is up there with Willie's.

Most of the country music I enjoy listening to is country from the 80's, 90's, and 00's. My favorite country artist for sure is Shania Twain, I can listen to her stuff over and over again. She's one of my guilty pleasure artists. I also enjoy some songs from Tim McGraw and Garth Brooks.