Register Now
Martin Berisford

What game would you love to see become backwards compatible?

To be quite honest, off the top of my head all the ones I want to play actually are backwards compatible so I'm lucky in that respect - keeps me happy on the days I fancy me some retro style gaming on my old copies anyway. Playing Saints Row again on a console is amazing haha.

What about yourself? What titles do you play/wish they were backwards compatible?

Edited by Martin Berisford

A game I wish was able to work on the newer systems would be Brute Force. I loved playing that game on the original X-Box, and would play it for hours! It allowed you to pick whether or not you wanted 3rd or 1st person shooting, so that you can strategize better with your surroundings. Loved the fact that you could also have recovery chips that you can earn from your enemies to get clones of them for your side.

I would love to see Simpsons Hit and Run become backwards compatible! i absolutely love this game and spent countless hours playing it. It would be amazing if It were to become backwards compatible and I was able to purchase it for a low price either physically or digitally off the Microsoft store. I would also like to see Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2X become backwards compatible as well. I played the Tony Hawk games back in the day on my brother's original playstation and just recently found out there was a director's cut of THPS 2 released on the original xbox, so I would like to see that become backwards compatible as well.

Backward compatibility is also known as downward. I would like to see Grand Theft Auto Five have the ability for backwards. I completely love this amusement and spent incalculable hours playing GTA 5. It would be interesting to see this added and bring back the memories of the older consoles. However, Rockstar haven't implemented this yet.  

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I think any 2019 released game should be backwards compatible. But I am guessing it won't be possible considering the the specs. Most of the modern games require 3D rendering and that may not be something you can get with backwards compatibility. Still I hope some modern games which are in 2D can be run on old device who knows even the emulator can work it out. 

On 10/24/2022 at 3:29 AM, Ajibusu said:

I would want to see GTA vice City and Pokemon series being done by Nintendo. Whether it is going to work out at the end is something we hope to see. 

I think the GTA games on Xbox are compatible on the 360. Would be nice if Rockstar made it possible to make all of their games backwards compatible on Xbox consoles. 

Also, this is a topic about Xbox backwards compatibility. Maybe consider making a topic in the Nintendo area about games you guys would like to see made backwards compatible on Nintendo consoles. 

Whenever someone asks me what game I would love to see become backwards compatible, one game always pops into my head and I know that it has a lot of interest in wanting to be seen as a backwards compatible game but so far, we haven't seen anything yet.

Simpsons Hit and Run is a game I would absolutely love to see become backwards compatible. I remember when I was pregnant with the first back in 2003 and it was a quite difficult pregnancy and I had to rest a lot, Simpsons Hit and Run was a game that kept me entertained and I absolutely loved it. There have been rumors that it may become a backwards compatible game but so far, no news yet. Every time I see someone on social media or online regarding it being a possibility, I do get a little excited but usually end up feeling disappointed.